Charlie Chat Caps & Bytes

I don't remember Charlie saying we'd have 150 national HD channels by February of 2009--it was by the end of calendar year 2008. After all of their making fun of cable for inventing math to increase their HD channel count (and more pot calling the kettle black), I'm fed up following that show.

I don't remember Charlie saying we'd have 150 national HD channels by February of 2009--it was by the end of calendar year 2008. After all of their making fun of cable for inventing math to increase their HD channel count (and more pot calling the kettle black), I'm fed up following that show.

He never did say 150 hd channels. He said UP TO 150 hd channels.

I officially give this Charlie Chat an F-.
(Of course, I have absolutley no idea if it's just my machine, but it seems than other, much more knowledgable people are having the same problem.)

My suggested course of compensation is as follows:

1. Provide the good citizens of Indianapolis, IN locals in HD
2. Provide every DishNetwork subscriber with 10 new HD channels before the end of the year, included with their current subscription tier.
3. Don't terminate indianafanatic's service on account of his mindless ranting...

Enjoy the rest of the chat!!!

You do understand that this site and Dish Network are two different things don't you!?!?
One showed a tv program called Charlie Chat on channel 101, and the other had a chat room for people to join in and talk about the Charlie Chat.

Joy... according to Engadget HD, Comcast networks are adding E! HD, Style HD and G4 HD
and Cox is adding FX HD, Spike HD and Comedy Central HD... Lets get with it Dish...

Joy... according to Engadget HD, Comcast networks are adding E! HD, Style HD and G4 HD
and Cox is adding FX HD, Spike HD and Comedy Central HD... Lets get with it Dish...

Charlie said (paraphrased), " Our launch was delayed, so we won't make the end of the year targets for HD local markets and national HD channels, but if all goes well, the new satellite will be online by February 1st, and maybe as early as the beginning of January. "

I agree, it was the worst. When Charlie and Jim started talking about splitting Golf and Versus, I was thinking "you can think about it, but don't do it" (Smokey and the Bandit). But they did, they counted the split channels as new HD. :eek:

It IS new HD ! One new HD channel (not two).

100% of programming that I watch on Versus is shown during the portion of the VS/Golf joint channel that was always Golf-HD, so I finally get to see my Versus programs in HD.

WOW!
Is Charlie REALLY the CEO of a multimillion if not billion dollar company?
Watching those 2 all I could think about was do they do a thing called rehearse?
Charlie seems to be a rather clueless person and that other dude needs to learn that clapping every 10 seconds does not make for good television.
Overall this was a complete waste of an hour and after seeing my parents Verizon FIOS I am considering switching away from DISH.

Charlie said (paraphrased), " Our launch was delayed, so we won't make the end of the year targets for HD local markets and national HD channels, but if all goes well, the new satellite will be online by February 1st, and maybe as early as the beginning of January. "

The thing about that is which Comcast markets are going to get those new channels? I STILL don't have Sci Fi HD or USA HD along with a few others that I know some other Comcast subs have had for a while now. It's not like I live in the middle of nowhere either I live in the Denver metro area, you'd think they'd be a little quicker about it. I guess one of the nice things about satellite is that when they add new HD programming it's available to all subs.

Summary of the "Chat Room"
Scott saying hey we're going to give away X
Then a Bunch of people still typing, and then 143 SHHH messages

Winner announced, winner claims prize while those SHHH messages continue to stream in.

175 "congrats" messages

Then a bunch of sucking up: "I love SatGuys Scott" "I love Prize Gal" or "I love DishStore.net" messages

Rinse, Wash, Repeat...

The "party" over chat is and interesting concept but w/o people who *get* chat etiquette it's a disaster (to read / follow) and most people were obviously there to claim their prize!

I still enjoy the site / forum and keep up the good work Scott / Staff.

Did those who watched the CC hear what was said about those logos? There is not a single "HD" to be seen on that screen cap.

Don't know what your getting at. The implication was clear: those were the HD networks they were looking at. They probably can't contractually use the HD logos until they carry them in HD.

Summary of the "Chat Room"
Scott saying hey we're going to give away X
Then a Bunch of people still typing, and then 143 SHHH messages

Winner announced, winner claims prize while those SHHH messages continue to stream in.

175 "congrats" messages

Then a bunch of sucking up: "I love SatGuys Scott" "I love Prize Gal" or "I love DishStore.net" messages

Rinse, Wash, Repeat...

The "party" over chat is and interesting concept but w/o people who *get* chat etiquette it's a disaster (to read / follow) and most people were obviously there to claim their prize!

I still enjoy the site / forum and keep up the good work Scott / Staff.

Oh, plenty of us riffed on the ridiculousness of the Charlie Chat, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts