Charlie Chat Comments!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anonymous said:
From what I understand the four new HD channels will only be at the 110 location.

So I did hear right. I wouldn't necessarily need to upgrade my Dish 500 to get the new HD package! Of course since the upgrade will be free based on my usual subscription level, why not? That was a nice surprise!

I excited about Charlie saying that there will be some great new upgrade programs in the future!! It lookks like Charlie realizes the poor upgrade path E* has had in the past.

Is the SuperDish going to be available for self-install?

Charlie mentioned that SuperDish will be $200, plus $99 install. I'd rather do the job myself, even if the installation was free.

Yes, some good surprises. An option for a FREE SuperDish is tops. The 6000 deal is surprisingly good, and we can all hope that this trend of "good" deals for currents subs will continue with the 811 and 921. After all, he repeatedly referred to some good "offers" on these coming up (next chat).
I agree, though, that if the deal with BravoHD is signed, they need to get it up soon. Perhaps make it an instant addition (reward) when SuperDish is acquired by sub.

There were some disappointments. I think there was a delay of one month for SuperDish and 811 from last months Chat. I thought they said last month October 1.

And second disappointment was price increase of $399.

It looks like I'll have to wait another two months (at least !) to get HD from Dish.

Darn, do I want to wait, or should I make my move to Directv who has serveral tested receivers.....decisions....decisions...decisions....

Ride I suggest waiting about two weeks I will have some better answers for you on how the equipment is. :)

Stay tuned!

rtt2 said:
I excited about Charlie saying that there will be some great new upgrade programs in the future!! It lookks like Charlie realizes the poor upgrade path E* has had in the past.

Amen to that!

I've noticed a lot of cell phone companies offering existing subscribers the same deal as new subscribers if they just renew their contracts.

It sure makes sense to do something to keep the customers you've already got.

Did anyone else find Charlie's explanation of DishVOD to be a little weak? He didn't describe any new features to justify the new fee. I would have preferred if he had just said, "Everyone else charges a monthly fee, so we do too."

Toucano said:
Did anyone else find Charlie's explanation of DishVOD to be a little weak? He didn't describe any new features to justify the new fee. I would have preferred if he had just said, "Everyone else charges a monthly fee, so we do too."

In my opinion, calling PVR functionality "video on demand" is intentionally misleading. VOD is when the provider has a video server with a large library of content from which customers can choose programming to watch on the spur of the moment. The ability to play locally recorded content "on demand" is not the same thing.

I agreed. This is very weak and I wished E* will stop it. It just confuses the heck out of people when you start calling VOD as "local on demand". Two different things Charlie. Just say, my policy has changed and I started charging a fee for DVRs. Case closed.

I didn't see the whole chat. I shut it off about 8:45 because I wanted to watch the 'Center of the World' on PBS. Anyway, I missed the part about the superdish offer.

I don't have the 8PSK right now and planned on getting it with the HD commitment. Does anyone know if would I be able to commit for an additional (2nd) year on the HD Pack and get the Super Dish for free too?

Ride I suggest waiting about two weeks I will have some better answers for you on how the equipment is.

Scott, I didn't quite follow the "how the equipment is"..... Do you mean in a couple of weeks you will have some reports on how the 811, 921, and SuperDish work?

More info on what Charlie mentioned about promos involving the 811 or 921 (I think he said to tune in Technical Chat on October 10)?

Great!

I sold my 6000 2 weeks ago for $450+!!!!!. I'm still enjoying HD with the 5000 and modulator. I'll wait until the October chat to decide on my next move. I'm already to buy the 921 but now I've got so many choices. My local CableCo, Cox, goes online 10/8/03 with HD; DirecTV; and Dish's new package and receivers. Life is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ride525 said:
Scott, I didn't quite follow the "how the equipment is"..... Do you mean in a couple of weeks you will have some reports on how the 811, 921, and SuperDish work?

mmm could be. :D

Stay tuned!

Dang, I set up my dvr to record the chat last night but accidently stopped the recording after 45 minutes, so I missed the details about the SuperDish upgrade. Can someone fill me in?

1. Is the offer stand alone or is it tied to any other offer.
2. If I I do the 1 year AF50 renewal, does the "free" upgrade include the $99 install or just the $199 SuperDish
3. Does the upgrade include the required DishPro switch.

TIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts