Charlie Chat HDTV Quote

justalurker said:
Where did I say it would be free? Putting words in my posts again? How about the words I wrote in the next bit you quoted ... E* doesn't

want to waste YOUR money ...

JL, It looks like you do not properly read before answering. Please read my quote:

"I hope you are right and I hope you can state some evidence where E* has stated that they will swap all receivers for free or at a reduced price.

I like to know the reduce price as well."

I highlighted the words. Again you did not answer my question...Where did you hear about a swap program? If there is such a program we would like to know

whether is free or at a reduced price. If it is at a reduced price, what is the reduced price? If you know the answers to your own speculation answer them.

justalurker said:
People are begging for that receiver now ... if they didn't offer it in limited release you would be here complaining that they never

release a receiver on schedule. Customers are DEMANDING to buy an obsolete receiver.

I am glad we can both agree on the obsolete receiver :) which was an answer to your question.

justalurker said:
Yes we will see down the road. But ALL other competition have to deal in the same market that E* is "ignoring" for the next few months.

The lack of HD content *to* carry isn't E*'s decision. D* will sell a few systems and tick people off with their lack of HD channels. Unless someone buys

Voom content, Voom survives or a couple dozen new channels enter the market there will be NO provider with 39 HD channels. NO provider can carry what isn't

there. The HD available list was posted on the Voom forum. Don't ignore it.

I really do not get your answer. The list is on this thread also but you seem to ignore or pretend to ignore that there are HD channels available today

which any provider can pick up. E* has decided not to do it because their business model states that they won't make enough $$$$ to carry them. Can you

agree with me on that?

justalurker said:
Your beliefs are not the only valid ones. Thousand word rebuttals repeating the same old same old don't help the discussion. The last

word doesn't mean either side wins. All the facts have been stated. Your whining will not lead to your winning.

I never thought I was whining but offering a debate to you and those that were defending the reason E* has decided now that the addition of HD channels is

not in their business model today. This is contrary to what we, E* subscribers interested in HD, were lead to believe since May 1, 2003. I never said that

mine were the only one to be believed. I am not so ignorant! Again I am repeating my quotes because you did not read them correctly and decided to misquote

me. It is only fair that you clearly state what I said previously.

justalurker said:
When you are COMPARING OPTIONS it is very appropriate to be honest about the failings of the competition.

Again the thread is not about the failing of the competition. So I do not know what that has to do with the topic at hand.

justalurker said:
Or make your argument hole?

Thanks for correcting my spelling. :)

justalurker said:
I KNOW why I brought up Voom. To say that you know my mind better than I know my mind is an incredible statement. Perhaps you should

change your name to Carnack?

You lost me here. I am only stating what you wrote. I do not know your mind and don't want to know it either. I have enough dealing with mine :)

justalurker said:
Tell you what. If you remove all personal attacks on the Voom forum posted by Voom subscribers I'll take you seriously.

JL, you have to be kidding right? I have counted about 50-100 different posts that I had to remove from the VOOM forum because of your persisting in

stating that you knew more than anyone in that forum. That everyone wants to attack you, you brought that onto yourself. I have done the best I can and the

other moderators to keep things from getting out of control by removing posts that were personal attacks against you.

justalurker said:
Or change the rules of the Voom forum so only subscribers and pro-Voom posters can post there. Either make it an open forum for discussion

or a club for Voomers, but stop the apparent lie that it is an open forum.

The problem JL is that you do not have VOOM and want to bring your VENOM. Even others who have posted opposite views about VOOM are now also attacking you.

Does it say something about you? The VOOM forum is fine. The problem is that you bring the same VENOM all over various threads and when new information

comes out that it is positive, you fail to recognize and incorporate to your arguments.

justalurker said:
It would be nice if there was a forum where people discussed Voom and not each other. I'm sorry that this thread turned in to an "each

other" - that was not my intent - the poison of a pro Voom sensitive poster entered in.

Here we go again accusing people for what they are not. You brough up other subjects which I said it was out of topic and continued to persue them in that

direction. If you accused me of something, should I keep quiet. No that is not just me. I have tried to debate you from the point of view of E* and you

brough up other providers which added nothing to the thread.

Dear Sir

I started a thread to accurately (as accurate as possible with mumbling) quote Charles Ergen on what he had to say about the Rainbow1 satellite purchase, and his future ongoing plans for HDTV. It would be enough to say that E*'s plan's blow chips and that nobody should trust them. Fine. That's an opinion (not a fact) that can be expressed.

But you have persisted in bringing other providers into this thread. Start at post one and read down. See that you have mentioned leaving E* for several other providers. That brings in the question of COMPETITION into the thread. Introducing what should be a fair discussion of what the options are for HD viewing. Not a one sided "E* is bad but don't say anything bad about V*!" discussion, but a fair discussion.

A thousand more words to sift through do not illuminate the issue more.

BTW: There are HD channels available today that Voom doesn't have. No provider has all the HD channels - you said that yourself. There is no need to vilify E* for retreating to a 'wait and do it right approach' when no company is doing what you ask.

JL

Dear Sir,

you started a thread, yes. That is very accurate. As I said before the statement from E* is very clear (read my signature). Let me reiterate. If you are not happy with E* HDs offering (quantity, not quality of any other problems), E* has stated that is not in the best interest (monetarily) to add any HD until the Fall of 2005. Either you suck it up and decide to stay and play the waiting game or leave to other provider that may have what you like. There's no discussion about competition of who is better or who is not. It is the same statement E* made when the YES Network was not added to E*. Charlie basically, said if you want YES, go to D*. He was not talking about the competition but being realistic in what the expectation of subscribers should be. I applaude him for doing that with the YES Network.

What I do not applaud is deceiving HD subscribers since May 1, 2003 that HD channels were going to be added each fall. Moreover the "Superdish Fiasco and the up to 50HD channels" blew in his face. Those are facts that relevant to the discussion whether we should believe Charlie when he says, in the Fall of 2005 we will add more HD.

Again because I said the above, I was attacked from the 4 winds like How dare you bring this to our forum and question E* motives? Guess, what we have a lot to question E* about. The above being one. If you do not see it that way, that is your problem but I will question their statements in the light that all these years we were lead to believe one thing about HD while Charlie was thinking about something else. Should he have said this in May 1, 2003 (like he did with the YES Network), it wouldn't be a problem.

That's all. There's no ranting. It is just questioning his "Fall 2005" statement.

Sean Mota said:
Again because I said the above, I was attacked from the 4 winds like How dare you bring this to our forum and question E* motives?
Just making you feel at home.
Sean Mota said:
If you do not see it that way, that is your problem
The problem is you are not allowing me to see it that way. Every time I try, I get shouted down by your anti-E* posts.
Sean Mota said:
but I will question their statements in the light that all these years we were lead to believe one thing about HD while Charlie was thinking about something else. Should he have said this in May 1, 2003 (like he did with the YES Network), it wouldn't be a problem.
There you go being Carnack again. You can tell what Charlie Ergen was thinking when he made those statements? From your telling it appears he was thinking "I'm not going to add a lot HD for two or three years, but I'll tell my customers that every HD channel their hearts desire will be carried immediately". (Not exact words but the emotion.)
Except he never promised immediate add of all new HD. And his May 2003 expectations of what would be available FOR his system to carry in the Fall of 2003 were not met. You took a 'forward looking statement' as if it was an absolute promise. They are not.

Any more mind reading tricks you want to perform? Want to guess what I'm thinking now? I hope not.

JL

I would be pretty happy if E* would add network HD, not in the form of LIL but like CBSHD. NBC, CBS, and FOX are low power here and are only SD. The Chief Engineer who does both NBC and CBS out of Chico, CA told me it would not be until 2009 before I saw HDTV though their digital channels!

justalurker said:
Any more mind reading tricks you want to perform? Want to guess what I'm thinking now? I hope not.

JL

This is what I was talking about, you want to keep complaining about how people respond to you in posts but yet you continue to dis-respect Sean, what a hypocrite you are, da*n, I really wish Sean left my post up over there.

Bruce,

don't worry about it. I won't post on this thread anymore. It is pointless to discuss this topic when nobody wants to get out of their own box and answer the questions and not go on a tangent. Since some thought that the discussion was a sleeper, I will let it go that way. Maybe this other thread asking a similar question about HD was also a sleeper http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57384 and maybe all of them will be sleepers from now on. Let's move on.

Whew. What crazyiness.

And all I want is ABC-HD, NBC-HD, and FOX-HD (not necessarily in that order).

Is that such a hard thing to do Charlie?

Foreigner's tune

Chorus:

Full of lies - they've got vapor vision
No surprise - from that vapor vision
Ooh - it won't be leased to me
That’s nothing new to me
Their vapor vision always seems to get the best of me

[guitar riffs]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)