Charlie Chat Monday Night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
prediction............

complaints about anything substantial will never make it on the air, so as to not embarass charlie.

which is too bad, because he has the ability to fix things........

but his handlers keep him in the dark.

My prediction:

-Plugging last month's new HD
-Cryptic statements about other new HD
-922 release date
-Plugging the E14 launch
-One or two pointless d-list guests plugging a show or gadget.
-A couple of questions where, either the questions are blatantly easy, the customer is badly misinformed, Jim and Charlie attempt to answer a completely different question than what is being asked, they play dumb, or a combination of the above.

My prediction:

-Plugging last month's new HD
-Cryptic statements about other new HD
-922 release date
-Plugging the E14 launch
-One or two pointless d-list guests plugging a show or gadget.
-A couple of questions where, either the questions are blatantly easy, the customer is badly misinformed, Jim and Charlie attempt to answer a completely different question than what is being asked, they play dumb, or a combination of the above.

Ohhh... I love the dumb customer questions! I just have to say, WTH is wrong with you? lol

Short version... keep up: 110/119/61.5 customers did not get the channels because they decided to release the channels on 129 and 77. Either convert to eastern arc or add 129. Since eastern arc cannot be installed at my house, just needed to add 129. I am not going to far into the entire situation because this is not the time and place. I'm saving up my energy for Charlie!
My free upgrade was done in 90 minutes and that included the tech having to recharge his signal meter and the check switch/guide download. You'll find other examples like mine, yours, and everything in-between. If you want to blame the CEO for your situation with your local installer, feel free I guess.....

After meeting with the man, he doesn't know everything going on........I think some things are kept from him.

No head of any large organization can possibly know even half of what is going on, because there are only 24 hours in a day.

Dish has thousands of employees, and EchoStar is doing non-Dish actions like buying wireless spectrum.

chat news

I hope to here something about the volume leveling software tonight. The up and down volume on some channels drives me crazy. Maybe I can get on to ask a question about it.:)

Call them and they immediately credit your account for the charges. I did, Took just 5 minutes. I wish people asked good questions since questions like that are already known to anyone who is a regular here on satellite guys.
I contacted Dish via chat and was told the Platinum HD was a separate and valid charge, but they would remove it from my programming if I wanted.

Gotta laugh. I added dishnetworkstudio to my Skype contact list a few minutes ago and shortly afterwards they were online and asking me if I had a question for Monday. Said yep, and asked why existing subs who have Gold/Plat HD are still paying the additional $10 for Platinum HD if it doesn't exist anymore.. We'll see if Charlie steps up.:cool:

This is how I got HD + Platinum for $10. YMMV.

Log into your account, go to change your programming. Remove HD (regular and platinum), choose the button at the bottom to 'Review & Order'. Instead of placing the order, click the button at the bottom that says 'back'. This will take you back to the programming choices screen. You should be able to select HD & Platinum for $10 now.

Last edited:

Log into your account, go to change your programming. Remove HD (regular and platinum), choose the button at the bottom to 'Review & Order'. Instead of placing the order, click the button at the bottom that says 'back'. This will take you back to the programming choices screen. You should be able to select HD & Platinum for $10 now.

Got is resolved via chat:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Me: I am being charged $10 each for Silver and Platinum HD. There should only be a single $10 HD charge
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: You are getting Platinum HD.
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: You will receive 11 more additional HD channels with Platinum HD for $10 a month.
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: I can remove Platinum HD on your account and offer you Platinum HD for free.
Me: Okay, that works for me.
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: Sure, I will remove Platinum HD and add Platinum HD for free.
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: You will save $10 a month.
(03hy) Bryan S. 67Z: You will not be charged for Platinum HD from your next bill.
[/FONT]

By not responding to the first couple of comments that steamed me, I got what I needed.

I tried that and the options for HD were absent could'nt add anything or take any
thing away. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)