Charlie Chat Monday Night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I called exactly when they posted the number on the screen. My question, "Why were the recent 9 national HD channels released 3 weeks ago not put on 61.5 satellite?"

They patched me through a few times, then I stayed on hold for 30 minutes and a guy comes on and say, Sorry, we don't have anymore room for your question tonight.

What do you people think I did next?

I certainly agree that you should have gotten to ask that question. However, you have to remember, and I am sure that you know, first of all they do not want any controversial questions on that program. Also, if that were asked, there would be people that have the 110, 119, 61.5 set up that do not even know that they are unable to receive the channels. Charlie Chat is really a joke to those of us who are in the "know" about Dish Network and the DBS/Satellite industry in general. It is not a show that is geared to such people as visit this site. I guess it is mainly a PR tool for Charlie, so that he can say that "he stays in contact" or what ever with is subscriber base. It would be interesting to know however, how many subscribers do tune into the chat. I guess the best part of the program was when Charlie said that there were "9 new HD channels soon to launch" and then Jim told him that they had launched on Feb. 10. I wonder if Charlie gets his television from cable or DirecTV :) He probably gets to watch the master feeds of off C-Band like I would LOVE to be able to get again.

Gee... nice way to answer a question with sarcasim. dont come my way, who knows what charges i could throw at you.

i hope you dont treat your dish network customers like this. way to represent Dish Network!!!

I was trying to be humorous. I don't work for DISH and have no customers. Your question made no sense to me and I was trying to get a clarification. Is DISH trying to screw with your pay?

I assume you are also being sarcastic. If you actually use your police position to drum up false charges against anyone who rubs you the wrong way, I have no use for you.

Don't know what you asking

Gee... nice way to answer a question with sarcasim. dont come my way, who knows what charges i could throw at you.

i hope you dont treat your dish network customers like this. way to represent Dish Network!!!

The problem is that the question didn't make sense. I couldn't figure out what you were asking either.

I certainly agree that you should have gotten to ask that question. However, you have to remember, and I am sure that you know, first of all they do not want any controversial questions on that program. Also, if that were asked, there would be people that have the 110, 119, 61.5 set up that do not even know that they are unable to receive the channels. Charlie Chat is really a joke to those of us who are in the "know" about Dish Network and the DBS/Satellite industry in general. It is not a show that is geared to such people as visit this site. I guess it is mainly a PR tool for Charlie, so that he can say that "he stays in contact" or what ever with is subscriber base. It would be interesting to know however, how many subscribers do tune into the chat. I guess the best part of the program was when Charlie said that there were "9 new HD channels soon to launch" and then Jim told him that they had launched on Feb. 10. I wonder if Charlie gets his television from cable or DirecTV :) He probably gets to watch the master feeds of off C-Band like I would LOVE to be able to get again.

I think some of the questions last night were at a new low in terms of prepared questions and emails. How great Dish is and such, not that the charlie chat should be a complain session but to hear why certain shows are not on TV land??? followed by how there is too much sports on Dish....Now that I think about it, it was entertaining...lol

Wichita Locals!!!!:up:D

I know Charlie said that Wichita would get its HD locals BEFORE E*14 goes up, but I don't see how it could happen. There is no existing spotbeam (except the one that the SD locals are on) that can support the entire DMA. E*14 has one tailor-made for Wichita. Hopefully they aren't thinking about putting you guys on 118.7. :eek:

Brad

Yea, it's funny, I decided to tune in to 101 last night @9PM (waiting for "Big Bang Theory" to start) and wifey was reading. She looked up and asked me what I was watching; when I told her "Charlie Chat" she looked at it for a few minutes then asked: "oh, you mean it's like an infomercial for Dish, right"? I said "no, no, it's not really, but, well, yeah, they sort of try to field softball questions, so...., you know, you're right. It's is an infomercial"! :)

I know Charlie said that Wichita would get its HD locals BEFORE E*14 goes up, but I don't see how it could happen. There is no existing spotbeam (except the one that the SD locals are on) that can support the entire DMA. E*14 has one tailor-made for Wichita. Hopefully they aren't thinking about putting you guys on 118.7. :eek:

Brad

No, even better, 77!

I was trying to be humorous. I don't work for DISH and have no customers. Your question made no sense to me and I was trying to get a clarification. Is DISH trying to screw with your pay?

I assume you are also being sarcastic. If you actually use your police position to drum up false charges against anyone who rubs you the wrong way, I have no use for you.

I dont work for Dish Network, OR directv (not anymore) and yes im currently in LE field.

The problem is that the question didn't make sense. I couldn't figure out what you were asking either.

No sense at all.

reason i asked is due to THIS thread.. please read and let me know if my question still doesnt make sense. thanks for your ridiculous time since i was concern bout TECHS not getting a pay they deserve

http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/204131-no-more-pay-tv2-so-begins.html

reason i asked is due to THIS thread.. please read and let me know if my question still doesnt make sense. thanks for your ridiculous time since i was concern bout TECHS not getting a pay they deserve

http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/204131-no-more-pay-tv2-so-begins.html

I am not an installer and do not have access to the installer-zone, so am not able to read the thread and do not ever remember reading about this issue. Perhaps now you can understand why I was unable to understand your first posting.

I am not an installer and do not have access to the installer-zone, so am not able to read the thread and do not ever remember reading about this issue. Perhaps now you can understand why I was unable to understand your first posting.

ah misunderstanding then...

heres a quote from the poster..

Just got word from two different retailers I work for that, along with no more pay for TC's for ANY reason, that the pay structure IS changing March 1st to decreasw what we get on new installs (losing the TV2 pay). Apparently, upgrades, etc... will be affected as well. It's being said that service calls "may" increase up to $5 per job! The retailers have a "big" meeting tomorrow with the local DNS gurus to get the new pricing (screwing) scheme. Can they screw us any further? I'm sure they'll (Dish that is) find a way. I know those jackasses aren't gonna say something brillant like "well, we're saving you ONE diplexer per receiver with the new Triplexer...lets not focus on everything else needed to get TV2 to work."

And remember...the "Charlie Chat" is free viewing if you watch it on your PRIMARY receiver. However in conjunction with the February price increase and starting with this Monday's "Charlie Chat", a $5 charge will appear on your next bill if you watch "Charlie Chat" on one of your additional receivers. Additionally, there will be a $2 DVR fee if you record it -- but this is still a better value than PPV or VOD.

:D Eric :D

I asked about this and guess what? NO one has ever heard of them charging for this service!

I hope you are joking.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: if not, you sure made a fool of yourself!

I don't think he was being sarcastic, your question is not clear. I don't understand it. Try rephrasing it.

I don't hinnk he was being sarcastic, your question is not clear. I don't understand it. Try rephrasing it.

well theres a lot left out in hiding from the general public such as yourself and others...

dish network installers could get another pay cut. it may not affect you guys but it sure does to the techs and i was curious to see if that was discussed at charlie's chat.

Im sure they wouldnt even allow that question to be played. I posted a quote from the OP of that thread I linked if no one has access to the installer zone.

well theres a lot left out in hiding from the general public such as yourself and others...

dish network installers could get another pay cut. it may not affect you guys but it sure does to the techs and i was curious to see if that was discussed at charlie's chat.

Im sure they wouldnt even allow that question to be played. I posted a quote from the OP of that thread I linked if no one has access to the installer zone.

If that subject was ever to be covered, it would be during a Tech Chat. Charlie Chat is for the general sub public.

Call them and they immediately credit your account for the charges. I did, Took just 5 minutes. I wish people asked good questions since questions like that are already known to anyone who is a regular here on satellite guys.
Not necessarily. I had to speak to three different CSRs before I got one that understood what I was talking about and they didn't credit my for charges but gave me three free months of Showtime and HBO. Issuppose that is cheaper for tem than giving me a $60 plus credit, but at least I got it fixed. Just wan't that easy

ross

That's just it unless you are on this forum or another (is there one?:)) you wouldn't know that there were new HD's and what they are. I think that Dish is operating from the "ignorance is bliss" point of view. If subs don't know that they aren't receiving programing they are paying for then Dish doesn't have to send techs out to "upgrade" folks ergo saving money.

Ross

I flipped the Chat on long enough to see a political infomercial imbedded in the Chat. Some boxer is talking about becoming a politician in his country! Total junk:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)