Charlie Chat Monday

BTY, latest scuttlebutt (from the OP who started it all) is that HD Absolute is NOT going away.

Dish DID make the calls to select subs, but the policy on grandfathering is evidently still enforce, if you do not change package, you can keep HD Absolute.

Let's wait and see.

my theory they realized every call had a high probability of lost sub who got mad and cancelled.

given Es churn number they decided it just wasnt worth the risk of making a bad problem worse..
--------------------------------------------------------------
this would explain it all.

beancounters say heres a loss of money cancel the package and force them to take a more profitable package....

so the calls begin and result in less money due to cancelations so the whole idea was shelved....

if this is truly whats going on its a good sign the beancounters arent in complete control, heck E may regret their really stupid change in direction and reverse course.

Ok Bob, we get that you have a beef with Dish, those of us that are Dish subs would like to discuss our provider so please move on!

I am buying 1 share of E stock:) they may not be my provider but I am still interested in them.

And if anyone has a better explnation for whats going on please post it.

mine fits whats occuring, any other plausible theories?

Compared to you Bob, most of us really don't care. If and when Dish becomes intolerable for each of us individually, we will decide what to do. We will stay or move on...which is what you should do.

Compared to you Bob, most of us really don't care. If and when Dish becomes intolerable for each of us individually, we will decide what to do. We will stay or move on...which is what you should do.

well 750,000 moved on last quarter. thats worth discussing:)

Discussing why is interesting. If you dont like my posts just set me on ignore. or just dont read my posts.

I posted my theory because it explains the mixed signals from E

Got an investor's tip this morning suggesting that DISH Network was going to introduce their "TV Everywhere" offering tomorrow.
Seeking Alpha said:
Content providers reluctantly embrace online viewing. Starting tomorrow, customers of Dish Network (DISH) will for the first time be able to watch television shows from several cable networks through Dish's new video portal website. The rollout signals a turnaround may be starting among content providers, who thus far have been relatively slow to adopt the "TV Everywhere" concept pioneered by Comcast (CMCSA) and Time Warner (TWX).

I for one appreciate Bob's comments, although I do admit he does go on, and on, and on. What really gets my goat is the 2nd order whiners who feel compelled to rag on Bob every time he posts. I'm about to put KAB on ignore because of this. Now, does this post qualify as 3rd order whining? :eek:

I for one appreciate Bob's comments, although I do admit he does go on, and on, and on. What really gets my goat is the 2nd order whiners who feel compelled to rag on Bob every time he posts. I'm about to put KAB on ignore because of this. Now, does this post qualify as 3rd order whining? :eek:

;)

I don't post here all that often, but sometimes it's difficult for me to remember which thread I'm in because of Bob's repetitive ranting. So with that in mind, I present to you the Bob Haller response generator! (yes, I do have too much time on my hands...)

PHP:
<?

//Bob Haller Dish Network Forum Response Generator - © probinson 2010

$arr = array('Dish Network', 'Charlie Ergen', 'Echostar');

foreach($arr as $key => $serach_topic) {

if(stristr($topic, $search_topic)) == true) {
        $beancounter = true;
        $fee_jacking = true;
        $churn = true;
        $rainfade = true; 
      }
  }

if($beancounter == true) {
      //THE downfall of Dish Network... DAMN THE BEANCOUNTERS!
      $beancounter_logic = array('maximizing profit', 'wearing beancounter suits', 'bad ideas', 'ripping people off', 'greed');
      shuffle($beancounter_logic);
  }

if($fee_jacking == true) {
      // This is because of Beancounters...
      $fee_jacking_logic = array('Dish lost the TIVO lawsuit', 'a bad economy', 'beancounters don\'t care');
      shuffle($fee_jacking_logic);
  }

if($churn== true) {
      //If only they'd have listened to me...
      $churn_logic = array('everyone will switch to Comcast', 'Dish Network will implode', 'the beancounters will succeed in killing Dish Network for good');
      shuffle($churn_logic);
  }

if($rainfade = true) {
      //Never again!
      $rainfade_logic = array('I put up with it for so long', 'I didn\'t leave sooner', 'Charlie Ergen doesn\'t listen to my suggestions');
      shuffle($rainfade_logic);
  }

//Generate response ---

echo 'The beancounters at Dish Network are only interested in ' & $beancounter_logic[0];
  echo 'All of the fee jacking the beancounters are doing is because ' & $fee_jacking_logic[0];
  echo 'If Ergen doesn\'t do something soon, the beancounters are going to cause so much churn that ' & $churn_logic[0];
  echo 'Lucky for me, I\'m saving big bucks with Comcast, no longer have to worry about rainfade,';
  echo ' and I don\'t know why' & $rainfade_logic[0];
  echo 'Do yourself a favor and switch to Comcast today!' ;

?>
BTW.... I hope that this is received in the light-hearted manner I am presenting it. No hard feelings Bob. This place truly wouldn't be the same without all the Dish Network BeanCounter™ talk.

I don't post here all that often, but sometimes it's difficult for me to remember which thread I'm in because of Bob's repetitive ranting. So with that in mind, I present to you the Bob Haller response generator! (yes, I do have too much time on my hands...)

PHP:
<?

//Bob Haller Dish Network Forum Response Generator - © probinson 2010

$arr = array('Dish Network', 'Charlie Ergen', 'Echostar');

foreach($arr as $key => $serach_topic) {

if(stristr($topic, $search_topic)) == true) {
        $beancounter = true;
        $fee_jacking = true;
        $churn = true;
        $rainfade = true; 
      }
  }

if($beancounter == true) {
      //THE downfall of Dish Network... DAMN THE BEANCOUNTERS!
      $beancounter_logic = array('maximizing profit', 'wearing beancounter suits', 'bad ideas', 'ripping people off', 'greed');
      shuffle($beancounter_logic);
  }

if($fee_jacking == true) {
      // This is because of Beancounters...
      $fee_jacking_logic = array('Dish lost the TIVO lawsuit', 'a bad economy', 'beancounters don\'t care');
      shuffle($fee_jacking_logic);
  }

if($churn== true) {
      //If only they'd have listened to me...
      $churn_logic = array('everyone will switch to Comcast', 'Dish Network will implode', 'the beancounters will succeed in killing Dish Network for good');
      shuffle($churn_logic);
  }

if($rainfade = true) {
      //Never again!
      $rainfade_logic = array('I put up with it for so long', 'I didn\'t leave sooner', 'Charlie Ergen doesn\'t listen to my suggestions');
      shuffle($rainfade_logic);
  }

//Generate response ---

echo 'The beancounters at Dish Network are only interested in ' & $beancounter_logic[0];
  echo 'All of the fee jacking the beancounters are doing is because ' & $fee_jacking_logic[0];
  echo 'If Ergen doesn\'t do something soon, the beancounters are going to cause so much churn that ' & $churn_logic[0];
  echo 'Lucky for me, I\'m saving big bucks with Comcast, no longer have to worry about rainfade,';
  echo ' and I don\'t know why' & $rainfade_logic[0];
  echo 'Do yourself a favor and switch to Comcast today!' ;

?>
BTW.... I hope that this is received in the light-hearted manner I am presenting it. No hard feelings Bob. This place truly wouldn't be the same without all the Dish Network BeanCounter™ talk.

Genius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts