Charlie Chat Recap 3-09-09

The idea that TONS of people are requesting BET Jazz HD, and that is why they are adding it is straight out laughable. By that logic, why hasn't Fox News HD been added to the TurboHD packs?

Come on, I would bet my life that more people have requested Fox News HD in the Turbo packs than have requested BET Jazz HD

Charlie is a complete moron.
I wouldnt believe a word that guy says.
More requests for friggin BET jazz then say Spike HD or Speed HD?
RIIIIIIIIGHT CHARLIE!
FRIGGIN MORON.

I bet he can write in something resembling proper English, though.

I love how you took the time to pick out a special font for your post. It's like putting Christmas Lights on a dog turd.
Is BK94541 the head of the 2nd largest satellite company?
Charlie comes across and acts like the biggest idiot out there.
I am shocked he somehow became the CEO of DISH.

Is BK94541 the head of the 2nd largest satellite company?
Charlie comes across and acts like the biggest idiot out there.
I am shocked he somehow became the CEO of DISH.

Do you seriously not see any irony in a rambling, incoherent sentence complaining about someone's speech patterns?

No arguments here that Charlie is a fool. However, one must only read through any message board for about 10 seconds to find 10 bigger idiots. Charlie's not even in the bottom 90%.

Also, it's not really very shocking that someone should become CEO of a company he started from scratch. The shocking part is that he managed to grow it to this point successfully. Now Mel Karmizan...that's someone I'll never figure out.

Too bad Comedy Central HD wasn't added today. The South Park season premiere tonight starts a full HD season.... Oh well, we should have it within 3 weeks right?

It could be worse, we could be complaining about another week of no new national HD.
You're right; although, unless you have Showtime, that point is debatable. Is it better to have gotten nothing, or to get bandwidth wasting BETJ?... On the brightside, seeing as it only shows SD stuff, maybe it isn't quite that bad of a bandwidth hogger... On the other hand, it still sucks.

You're right; although, unless you have Showtime, that point is debatable. Is it better to have gotten nothing, or to get bandwidth wasting BETJ?... On the brightside, seeing as it only shows SD stuff, maybe it isn't quite that bad of a bandwidth hogger... On the other hand, it still sucks.

Sure it ties up bandwidth; but the way I see it, there are always going to be channels I don't care for or watch. Just like there will be channels I do care for and watch that others won't care for. I'd rather we both have the channels we want available rather than having Charlie only add the channels that everyone can agree on. (Not sure what everyone would agree on being deserving of being in HD, Maybe the big 4 networks?)

Sure it ties up bandwidth; but the way I see it, there are always going to be channels I don't care for or watch. Just like there will be channels I do care for and watch that others won't care for. I'd rather we both have the channels we want available rather than having Charlie only add the channels that everyone can agree on. (Not sure what everyone would agree on being deserving of being in HD, Maybe the big 4 networks?)
Of course you are right; I am just exaggerating because I am still peeved about not have Fox News and this forum is more fun when everyone is hyperbolic. :)

Still, who is it that was clamoring for, and is now watching, BETJ? In HD, no less?

Of course you are right; I am just exaggerating because I am still peeved about not have Fox News and this forum is more fun when everyone is hyperbolic. :)

Still, who is it that was clamoring for, and is now watching, BETJ? In HD, no less?

The only answer I have is:
I'm more apt to watch that than WFN?

As of right now Dish doesn't have bandwidth issues, if and when there are issues then they should re-evaluate channel options. In the meantime, I have no problems with them adding niche channels.

EDIT: I should say that I will have a problem if shopping channels in HD are added. Those strike me as a complete waste! :)

The only answer I have is:
I'm more apt to watch that than WFN?

As of right now Dish doesn't have bandwidth issues, if and when there are issues then they should re-evaluate channel options. In the meantime, I have no problems with them adding niche channels.

EDIT: I should say that I will have a problem if shopping channels in HD are added. Those strike me as a complete waste! :)
I think I would rather have another anti-piracy channel in HD to watch...

Please stop calling it "BET Jazz". That might be worth watching every once in a while.

According to their website, it's mostly reality shows. It appears the name-shift to BETJ is related to it's change in focus to showing the same crap BET does...just like how MTV2 is now exactly the same as MTV.

BET Jazz (or "BET On Jazz" as it was once called) has been around for ages. It figures no one would consider carrying it until it turned to crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)