Charlie Chat Recap 6/9/08

That's it?

Oh well, at least it's Recap of the Recap fodder for the ages. And WGN America and MSNBC are going HD.

I missed the part about MSNBC going HD .When did they say that?

Oh I see the screen capture ,but they didn't say anything about it on the show did they?

Fox in Sacramento and Seattle going live this? "Bout time. Anyone know if WPIX will be available to Superstation subs?

S~

MSNBC logo was on the first slide on the Chat with all the new HD channels (and is on the 5th slide in the screen captures from dfergie in post #1). It was obviously a flat-out error, or a slip on E*'s part. I think an error, since I read a comment by one of the execs from MSNBC where he said they were hoping to have MSNBC HD up in 4Q, and "hopefully early 4Q for the presidential election". I'll see if I can locate the link to the comment, and post it here.

MSNBC logo was on the first slide on the Chat with all the new HD channels (and is on the 5th slide in the screen captures from dfergie in post #1). It was obviously a flat-out error, or a slip on E*'s part. I think an error, since I read a comment by one of the execs from MSNBC where he said they were hoping to have MSNBC HD up in 4Q, and "hopefully early 4Q for the presidential election". I'll see if I can locate the link to the comment, and post it here.

I think it was put up in error instead of a CNBC logo, which was recently added in HD but was missing from this slide...

Do you have the ability to upload the Charlie Chat to YouTube?

Even though you did give the text descriptions and post the DTVPal images
I as well as other would appreciate it.

Thank you very much
Thanks! I recorded this in 2-6 minute increments( to get the caps), I think that would be copyright infringement to post it to youtube... I will try to put up relevent soundbytes a little later today...

I liked the team of Charlie and Eric, the show seemed to move a lot more smoothly and seemed more professional. With Jim and Charlie its more a folksy type chat that seems to have no rhyme or reason.

I personally would like to see Charlie and Eric in the future then Jim (no offense to Jim) but Eric just seemed to give the show more zip.

Only thing missing from the show that was needed was a visit from Leslie Harper.

Also, they mentioned HD ultimate just briefly. They know that those channels don't merit the extra $10.00 but probably still have thousands of customers that just keep paying the bill despite the loss of the Voom channels. Charlie is making more money on those customers because he is no longer paying Voom.

I would get it again if they would drop to $5.00 but they show no interest in doing that.

Roy

1. Re: Voom (raspberry sound effect). Charlie you killed something worth saving and it may cost you a bundle in legal fees and churn. It may be too late, but you should think about reversing yourself here (although I doubt you will)

2. You lowered the bar on softball questions even further. Some of these folks sound like they are heading for a future where their only daily choices will be tapioca or chocolate pudding....

3. Re: turning off HD mpeg2..... Great!... Free up some bandwidth. That 6000/921/942 box needs to go folks. I swapped out my 921 in January finally, after I moved back in and it had been deactivated for 6 months. I know some of us spent $1000 for this box, but I was happy to see the silver dollar medallion at bootup and 6-8 minute bootup go away. May more buttery Mpeg 4 HD goodness follow shortly thereafter.

4. WPIX in HD????!!!?? Holy CRAP! THANK YOU! Sunday Mets games in HD! Do you Superstation viewers in the rest of the country get access,or jsut us New York Local subscribers? (EDIT: WooHoo! Smallville in the Fall in HD! Too bad they cancelled Beauty and the Geek..., used to like that show and it would have been better in HD)

5. Olympics in HD. Please, for the love of God, get more than one Sony ad (the guy holding up the salsa) from 4 years ago still haunts my dreams as does that helicopter shot over Athens that they showed OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Maybe HD is finally ready for primetime, although I doubt we'll see PQ as good as it was then when we weren't getting as much HD Lite as we are now....

Last edited:
Also, they mentioned HD ultimate just briefly. They know that those channels don't merit the extra $10.00 but probably still have thousands of customers that just keep paying the bill despite the loss of the Voom channels. Charlie is making more money on those customers because he is no longer paying Voom.

I would get it again if they would drop to $5.00 but they show no interest in doing that.

Roy

MGM has been a disappointment. I keep waiting for ANYTHING interesting, but can't find anything interesting other than Night of the Comet.

I'd downgrade if it weren't for Universal and HDNet Movies, which are keepingme for now, but I'm not happy. I really hope they add some better HD to make it more "compelling" or I may eventually drop it anyway....

Grand Rapids, MI locals in HD

So it looks like my locals are coming in later this month. I have the 622 right now but if I read correctly I'm going to need a second dish just to get the 61.5 right?

Is Dish installing these free of charge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)