Charlie Chat Recap 9/10/7

that is great news on centre ice and HD - and the NHL Network! any word on whether they will show both home and away feeds on centre ice as dish did in previous years??

probably a dumb question - but this is my first day on these boards- this info is for certain, correct? i'm looking to switch from directv and this will cinch the deal for me - especially if both home and away feeds are carried on dish centre ice.

Last two years they carried all feeds, or most of them.
The Red Wings were on several times with three feeds for the same game,
detroit FSN, TNN and the other team's feed.
So I would think that they will do the same thing this year.

Are local games blacked out on CI. I would pay for the package if I could get the Bruins in HD.

Yes local games are blacked out, all major sports black out local games in the out of town packages you should be able to get your local team fromyour local FSN station.

Last two years they carried all feeds, or most of them.
The Red Wings were on several times with three feeds for the same game,
detroit FSN, TNN and the other team's feed.
So I would think that they will do the same thing this year.

wow- that would be fantastic! some of the broadcasters are sooo bad it makes it painful to watch a game -i'm a nyr fan in chicago and prefer sam rosen to most...
thanks!

Can somebody clarify this for me:

Question: David from Sacramento
Fox Sports Bay area in HD?
Answer: No answer, could happen before the end of the year.

The other site has:

Q: David - Fox Sports Bay Area in HD?
A: Eric - By the end of the year.

I don't watch the Charlie Chat, I just join the Satguys chat since it's a lot more fun.

Thanks.

So.... in other words, I really wish I had Altitude HD to watch the Avalanche... I saw a year or so ago it was in Engineering mode.... err... let's see if DISH being Colorado based brings this one on board before the season starts like they did FSN-RM HD the day of the Rockies opener.

The other site has:

I don't watch the Charlie Chat, I just join the Satguys chat since it's a lot more fun.

Thanks.

I don't have it verbatim but I believe the answer was something like, "that is one of the HD RSN's we haven't launched yet. Maybe by the end of the year."

I don't have it verbatim but I believe the answer was something like, "that is one of the HD RSN's we haven't launched yet. Maybe by the end of the year."

Thanks db2. "Maybe" or "could happen" is more likely the answer. The other site has it like it's a given "by the end of the year".

The other site has:

Thanks.
I will add this question (and maybe others) in a little while... the program I use to add the soundbytes crashed and I didn't want to reboot that machine at that time...

Did they mention on the CC last night that Dish is offering Dish HD free for 6 months to everyone, even current subscribers? Only caveat is that you must be a new Dish HD sub. At one time I had the old HD Pack, but had never subscribed to the new Dish HD pack. I think I am going to give them a call, then set an alarm to remind me to cancel in 6 months. :D

Did they mention on the CC last night that Dish is offering Dish HD free for 6 months to everyone, even current subscribers? Only caveat is that you must be a new Dish HD sub. At one time I had the old HD Pack, but had never subscribed to the new Dish HD pack. I think I am going to give them a call, then set an alarm to remind me to cancel in 6 months. :D
Yes they did... :)

Did anyone catch the details of the current customer upgrade to HD? As I upgraded from a 522 to the 722 on the 15th however due to no local installers I had to wait until last Wednesday to get it installed. I'm at work so I wasn't able to watch this and would like to know more.

I just upgraded a 508 to a 722 yesterday. Cost was $199 with $100 rebate for a net of $99. CSR told me that I could have had a 622 instead for $149 ($49 net) but I wanted the newer receiver with larger HDD.

This cost included the leased 722 and replacing my dish 500 with a dish 1000.

I also have a 942 and the 722 is better. The upgrade to a DPP switch with the D1000 is also nice since I don't need to have the second line to my 942 any longer. Since I own the 942 I will keep it to use as SD DVR with my 27" TV.

The answer given for Fox Sports Bay was certainly not a definite timeframe. I recall more like "maybe by the end of year" also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)