Charlie Chat Recap 9/11

Chat worked fine we had over 80 in there. :)

With no Head Line on Sat Guys advertising tonights chat AND with the Chat room down, I bet the chat gets the LOWEST ratings ever.

Out of respect to 9/11 I decided it was best not to post any ads to the homepage today, I felt te only proper thing was a tribute to those we lost on Sept 11, 2001.

With that said the chat room was still kicking. :D

And I also must admit that tonight I filed a new trademark on the term ChinZilla! :D

Was the picture quality of the chat very poor tonight or is it my tv. Why can't they do the chat in HD. If you are number one in the number in the number of hd channels they do the show in hd and not the poor blury picture we get.
As soon as the chat was done I went back to espnhd to watch the minn vikings and wow did the picture qualty make the chat look like s..t.

I watched it instead of 3 blowhards talking about themselves and anything other than a football game, aka MNF.

I thought the PQ was just me. I get used to watching HD and SD always looks bad, so I sometimes just dismiss it as SD.

The Chat wasn't great, but its good to see the HD promo is still in effect.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Out of respect to 9/11 I decided it was best not to post any ads to the homepage today, I felt te only proper thing was a tribute to those we lost on Sept 11, 2001.

:up

The chat might have been interesting if I were not a SatGuy. But being a SatGuy, we hear everything before hand, plus more that they don't even talk about. And Scott even predicted what they would not talk about.

Now we can wait for the real breaking announcements out of pre-CEDIA and CEDIA press releases.

Clint3200 said:
I was just getting ready to type the same thing.

What a waste.

I was waiting for the "fsn hd will start this weekend" or something of that magnitude. Not watching people eat ribs while discussing meaningless topics.

Don't think I'll be tuning in to one of these again....
The Charlie Chat Chat room is where the fun is... kinda like the old MTK2000
cj9788 said:
So I Take it no mention on DNS?
here at the very bottom, a question...

I don't know about anyone else, but I really got a laugh out of everyone wearing football Jerseys.

Not for anything, but you would have thought by the way they played things out it seemed like they finally got the rights to Sunday Ticket!

Lets face reality here, Dish does not have Sunday Ticket! They are making all this hype about NFL Network to make people believe they got Sunday Ticket when they really don't.

It creates a problem for us as a retailer because people automatically think we do have Sunday Ticket, don't mention word to us about it during the sales process, get the service installed and then want the system removed first thing Monday morning!

Personally I could care less about Sunday Ticket, but if you don't have it just be honest with the customer upfront

Very true Claude, I can see how people would get mad... but the ST is only a shadow of it's former self with blackouts etc... I had the true ST before ST when BUD was free, then grudgeingly subed with BUD on the tvn channels then with D* but with blackouts now... heh not worth it... I'll wait on the NFL replays if I missed a game I wanted to see. (or watch Inside the NFL)

EchoStar Backs Off iN Demand
The Federal Communications Commission said yesterday that EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. withdrew its program access complaint against iN Demand and asked the agency to dismiss the complaint without prejudice.

The issue stemmed from a 2005 complaint filed on behalf of EchoStar against iN Demand alleging the programmer's fee structure for the sale of iN Demand high definition programming violated the FCC's rules by discriminating in its price, terms and conditions.

EchoStar alleged in the initial complaint that iN Demand's fee structure also constituted an unfair practice of the commission's laws. The satellite company said iN Demand's conduct, as a matter of law, violated the FCC's prohibition on exclusive cable contracts by reserving the HD programming to certain cable companies.

EchoStar declined to comment on the case.

To the poster who was asking about DNS: Charlie didn't tell us anything we haven't known for weeks here. E* has a proposed settlement with everyone except one network who he did not identify(FOX) and the settlement has gone to the judge for approval. He didn't seem to me to be all that confident about if DNS was going to be saved or not and mentioned a couple of times that DNS only affects a small % of their customer base(I question that assertation). On the DVR issue he claimed that E* was actually the inventor of the DVR and that they have a countersuit against TIVO. The TIVO ruling is being appealed and the E* engineers have a workaround to download if all else fails. He was very confident that no one will lose the DVR service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)