Charlie Chat Recap 9/11

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe the next Tech Chat will have Ponys :D

Attachments

• Ponys.jpg
    Ponys.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 117
When we get the free previews of HBO and Showtime, will the HD channels be included.

Also, when we get the free preview of 180 in October, will NatGEO HD be included?

You don't have to be a sub. That channel is free. If you have a Dish receiver pointing at 110/119 (I forget which one carries that channel) then you can watch it even with a subscription.

However, I don't know why they would think there are a lot of people doing this!

I think they target it at AT60 subs, whom they hope to inspire to upgrade to higher tiers or sports programming or premium movie channels or HD.

minnow said:
To the poster who was asking about DNS: Charlie didn't tell us anything we haven't known for weeks here. E* has a proposed settlement with everyone except one network who he did not identify(FOX) and the settlement has gone to the judge for approval. He didn't seem to me to be all that confident about if DNS was going to be saved or not and mentioned a couple of times that DNS only affects a small % of their customer base(I question that assertation). On the DVR issue he claimed that E* was actually the inventor of the DVR and that they have a countersuit against TIVO. The TIVO ruling is being appealed and the E* engineers have a workaround to download if all else fails. He was very confident that no one will lose the DVR service.

Did I hear correctly when Charlie says Dish invented the DVR? What about ReplayTV and Tivo both whom had boxes out many years before Dish's first DVR?

B

I think Replay beat Tivo in inventing, but Tivo introduced first... too bad Charlie did not buy Replay when it was up for sale. It would have been a win for Replay as they would have new STB's and a win by E* as they would have had a fall back and also a very good Dvr interface...

Confused about upgrading from a 211 to a 622...

DON'T HAVE HD?
ViP 211 Receiver

$99.00 Upgrade

ViP 622 DVR Receiver
$199.99 Upgrade

$99.00 Upgrade
ALREADY HAVE HD?
You Have: a 811 or 6000 receiver> Upfront Upgrade to ViP 211 >$49.00 HD Bonus $100

You Have: a 921 or 942 Receiver >Upfront Upgrade to ViP 622 . $199.00 HD Bonus $100
Returned Receiver Credit $100

1) I got a 211, would i be considered the same as someone who doesnt have hd (meaning $199 upgrade) or would i be considered the same as someone with a 921/942 (meaning $199 - bonus - returned receiver credit??) ?

2) Is the line above ALREADY HAVE HD? just a formatting mistake or is there supposed to be some other upgrade path there?

Thanks

Thanks for the Re-Cap dfergie, the mp3s is nice.

Miner said:
dslate69,

The game itself was entertaining, even good. Just way too much balony being thrown by the announcers. If I want to hear about Tom Cruise, Jamie Fox and Dan Snyder, I'll watch Entertainment Tonight.
So you did watch it. :D

obba said:
Confused about upgrading from a 211 to a 622...

1) I got a 211, would i be considered the same as someone who doesnt have hd (meaning $199 upgrade) or would i be considered the same as someone with a 921/942 (meaning $199 - bonus - returned receiver credit??) ?

2) Is the line above ALREADY HAVE HD? just a formatting mistake or is there supposed to be some other upgrade path there?

Thanks
The line above Already have HD belongs to the Don't Have HD catagory It was an extra line and I deleted, (thanks) . Graphic and mp3 descriptions , do you own the 211 or are you leasing?

dfergie said:
The line above Already have HD belongs to the Don't Have HD catagory It was an extra line and I deleted, (thanks) . Graphic and mp3 descriptions , do you own the 211 or are you leasing?

I lease it.

dslate69,

I did, but only when the Charlie Chat got really boring.

I watched more of the second game, even though it was a blowout. I think they pumped Dick Vermeil full of vallium. He was a lot more high strung when he called college games after his burnout from the eagles.

dfergie said:
SatelliteGuys.Us
Charlie Chat Monday September 11, 2006
Showtime Oct, 6-9
HBO October, 19-23
Cinemax October, 26-30
Plus, 4 weeks of America's Top 120, 180 and DishLatino channels -Free October 5 Through November 1, 2006

Did I misunderstand the last item (ie free America's top 120 and 180)? I have AT60, and was looking forward to having a free upgrade for the month of October (more hockey :) ).

When I first read the slide, I interpreted it to mean all the channels. However, reading it again, I could interpret it to just mean channels from those packages (not necessarily ALL of the channels). Oh well, at least ESPNU is there (some hockey), and free NHL center ice for a bit too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)