Charlie Chat Recap -- March 10th

Why are they suing?

Fox is suing dish because Fox News is in AT 200 instead of AT 100. They are claiming their contract specifies the most subscribed to package or something like that, which apparently has been AT 200, but now seems that AT100 may have passed AT200. It is just one of the endless disagreements, I am sure they will negotiate something...

In the past when there were disagreements Dish has withheld channels until the disagreements were settled (of course Fox could be withholding them too). Until the matter is settled I do not think we will see any new News Corp channels.

There was a thread on this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118128-fox-news-sues-echostar.html

The Mtn. Channel (No, not Fox Sports Rocky Mtn., CSR's!)

I'm sure that the Mountain West Conference fans have to be pleased to know that Charlie could care less about carrying the Mtn. Channel. Isn't Colorado State and the Air Force Academy located in Colorado? And let's not forget fans in Utah, San Diego, Las Vegas, New Mexico and Lubbock, TX. BYU has a nationwide fanbase (no I'm not a cougar fan.) Yes, the Mtn. production quality is amateur at best, but it would be nice to turn down the volume and watch some of the games in Blair Witch style. Direct TV will begin carrying the channel in September, just in time for football season, so there must some demand for the channel. Just one more reason to leave E*.

I've been with E* for over 10 years, and Cowchip's dangling carrot pic say's it all. I recently downgraded from the Everything package with HD to the AT100+ with basic HD. It appears that I will now have to upgrade to the AT200 in order to get the alternate channel for Fox Sports RM to see the Utah Jazz. In fact, channel 453 doesn't even show up as an available channel on my guide. Apparently paying for my RSN on the AT100+ doesn't include RSN alternate channels. :mad: And, suprise, suprise...the three CSR's I spoke with gave different answers as to why channel 453 doesn't show up on my guide. It must be the poor signal strength on 129.:confused:

I guess the only thing keeping me with E* is the UHF remote,1 1/2 months left on my 18 month contract, and "The Best DVR". I just need to come to the reality that E* is a lost cause. I'm off to search the D* posts for the latest deals.

Dish HD Channels Coming Soon:
AMC*
ABC Family*
BET*
Bio*
Bravo
Cartoon
CNN
CMT
Disney*
Espn News*
HBO2*
IFC*
MTV
MoreMax*
Nick
SciFi
Smithsonian
StarzEdge
Tennis Channel
Toon Disney*
The Weather Channel
USA
VH1
WGN*
* Would be Dish Exclusives if these were added at this time...

Quick note, Bio is avail on D* already, so shouldn't be starred. Disney/Toon Dis, ABCFam, and ESPN News are slated for D* as well, and I'll venture to bet they'll be avail on D* before Echo gets around to it. I hope not, of course, but... :rolleyes:

Fox is suing dish because Fox News is in AT 200 instead of AT 100. They are claiming their contract specifies the most subscribed to package or something like that, which apparently has been AT 200, but now seems that AT100 may have passed AT200. It is just one of the endless disagreements, I am sure they will negotiate something...

In the past when there were disagreements Dish has withheld channels until the disagreements were settled (of course Fox could be withholding them too). Until the matter is settled I do not think we will see any new News Corp channels.

There was a thread on this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118128-fox-news-sues-echostar.html

Thanks mike123abe

Dish HD Channels Coming Soon:
AMC*
ABC Family*
BET*
Bio*
Bravo
Cartoon
CNN
CMT
Disney*
Espn News*
HBO2*
IFC*
MTV
MoreMax*
Nick
SciFi
Smithsonian
StarzEdge
Tennis Channel
Toon Disney*
The Weather Channel
USA
VH1
WGN*
* Would be Dish Exclusives if these were added at this time...
Notice the "IF??? "soon" I thought D* was giving us some more HD this month! So that would be even less Exclusives for Dish. If E* launches anything within the next 3 months ,I'd be shocked. 3 months is alot of time for D* to add more HD.

I like to think of it as the movie's "Goatse moment" :eek::eek::eek::eek: Something that is among the most horrible things you can imagine seeing, but can't take your eyes off of.

Not to hijack but, if you can't take your eyes off a goatse pic, your a sick, sick person.... :eek:

BTW, TULSA LOCALS IN HD PLEASE!!!!!

So, in order to get all of the new channels when they are finally added, I will need to upgrade to the DishHD ($29.99) package? I currently have the DishHD Ultimate pack.

So, in order to get all of the new channels when they are finally added, I will need to upgrade to the DishHD ($29.99) package? I currently have the DishHD Ultimate pack.
No Dish Ultimate is fine. The DishHD package ($29.99) actually is so you don't have to a have a regular package and add Dish Ultimate. It is actually missing some HD programming such as RSN.

No Dish Ultimate is fine. The DishHD package ($29.99) actually is so you don't have to a have a regular package and add Dish Ultimate. It is actually missing some HD programming such as RSN.

Good :up, I was worried that I would have to spend ANOTHER $10 to get all the channels.

What with the speculation of dates from Christmas, after New Years, after the Superbowl, and before the end of February, I've learned to just sit back and wait to be surprised instead of getting my hopes up on Wednesdays. :)

At least the sat launch will signify some direction in the near future though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts