Charlottesville, VA locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Been a long time since DirecTV added a full new market for locals. Looks like it is HD only (except CW is SD):

CWWVIR-DT30 (sd)
PBSWHTJ 41
FOXWAHU 27
ABCWVAW 16
CBSWCAV 19
NBCWVIR 29

For some reason the guide won't display programming data.. Just says to be announced. I tried to force guide update with no luck... You can watch the channels though.

Does it being on 29.3 make a difference that it would be in SD?

Does it being on 29.3 make a difference that it would be in SD?
nah. The OTA feed shows as HD (according to rabbitears.info) so its available. There are markets where subchannels are in HD ;)
(Minneapolis has such. 9-1 is Fox HD, 9-2 is My HD)

and due to the FCC cracking down on companies owning more than 1 of the big 4 in a market you see this more often. Companies buy everything but the transmitter and license then move the programming to a station they already own. Some recent examples of a Big 4 being HD as a subchannel
NBC in Grand Island and Lincoln, NE. Its a subchannel on CBS
Fox in Western North Dakota. Subchannel of NBC
CBS in Fargo is moving to a subchannel of NBC sometime soon
ABC in Birmingham, AL. Its a subchannel of CW

I know our Fox station we get in Minot started out at 29 on DirecTV them it moved to channel 38. I'm not sure what exactly happened to cause the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of 10-6 the receiver still says To be announced for all Charlottesville local channels. Resetting the receiver will fill in about an hour of programming... Then TBA..... Any suggestions? I called Directv and they have no clue...

Patience may be the only thing that fixes it.

As of 10-6 the receiver still says To be announced for all Charlottesville local channels. Resetting the receiver will fill in about an hour of programming... Then TBA..... Any suggestions? I called Directv and they have no clue...
Maybe it has to do with the receiver? I don't know why that would make any difference, but my guide is full days in advance. I have a HR44.

have you tried a double red button reboot?

do a RBR
wait until the guide starts loading
then do ANOTHER RBR

this clears everything from the guide and forces it to download a fresh batch

have you tried a double red button reboot?

do a RBR
wait until the guide starts loading
then do ANOTHER RBR

this clears everything from the guide and forces it to download a fresh batch

Yes.. Several times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)