Chart ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
Is there a chart out there that shows all the names for a satellite ? I saw a chart saying "AMC-11" not having a clue (on a 4dtv receiver) what it was.

Found out through some creative googling, that it was C3.

Is there a chart that uses the 4dtv names (in add satellites) as well as the other names people have been calling the satellites ? or a conversion chart ? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

A big "Thank you" for putting up that link! I'd been looking, thought I had looked everywhere, and there it is..the BEST tool for an FTA/4D fan!

By the way, this week it's official for me, too!....Subscribe upon renewal this week to only W5 stuff through SRL, move the 4d signal feed to the left (stationary) Birdview on a standard high-block BV LNB, then get a new positioner for the right-hand dish, and try various feeds for signal that will feed my first FTA, a Pansat 3500SD. The arc is already good, so it will be a matter of entering positions to the new motor box (what one should I buy??) and...the usual fun!

Had an original BV scalar modifed to accept a modern BSC-621 LNBF (hole enlarged)..and, the supplied mounting holes actually match the original Birdview bolt holes for the LNB. (did not know that, have never used anything but birdview.) Hopefully this modification will make for easier mounting of any feed that works well for the FTA!

I'm sure I'll have much tweaking to do, but any thoughts on the viability of this mount working if it is tweaked for distance and polarity? Could it be that easy to covert an already motorized BV dish?

(My) The great experiment begins! Been a long time since I had fun like this! Ideas welcomed! (and SO glad we can keep some stuff on 4d!!) Thank you SRL and Skyvision, and anyone else involved!!

Attachments

• BVPAIR1.JPG
    BVPAIR1.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 174
  • NEWBV.JPG
    NEWBV.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 171
  • BVFEED1.JPG
    BVFEED1.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 175
  • BVFEED2.JPG
    BVFEED2.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 173
  • BVFEED3.JPG
    BVFEED3.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 161
Yeah, thanks for the link. I have been using a GI and just bought the 922 for a few dollars, and am trying it out now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts