Chase Carey calls VoOm "crap"...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Satmeister said:
They're obviously YOUR "facts", because YOU said them. We all see plenty of difference, and the difference is that DirecTV is decidely superior in pQ, in the specific sites observed, to the other providers HDTV PQ at those other locations.

Who the heck ever said anything about 4:3 and 16:9? Your point is obtuse at best. Apples and refrigerators.

When dozens of people are 100% in agreement at a specific location. on what they ALL see - it is what it is. Live with it. :cool:

Two immediate neighbors with DISH HD and Comcast HD (both of which who had dumping those services the past 30-60 days) have seen HD here for hours on end, and both have done their OWN comparisons (as have I) with their own HD PQ. I can point you to hundreds of posts on how customers of those particular services that switched to DirecTV felt that the DirecTV service was "clearly superior", "much better picture quality", "drastically improved PQ" and the like. What does it all mean. In this part of the world, or those other posters, DirecTV is not "a problem". If it is by you, sorry to hear that. Hopefully your issues can be resolved ASAP. You and everyone else with DirecTV should get quality HD service. Perhaps you'll all be singing a new song in the next 3-15 months when the rest of the sats are up and both bandwidth and content growth exponentially. Right now, the "bashing song" sounds like the off key tunes on American Idol.

Man, you ARE pathetic.

dragon002 said:
vurbano.

you are usually pretty level headed. fios will only be in the urban and hi density suburbs. good lord some people act like fios is the second coming . they will have thier problems, issues and price increases as do the cablecos ans satcasters..

I have to agree here. I also have heard that the fiber optics used for fios cannot be used if another provider is chosen (for phone, internet, etc) unlike the copper wiring.

I dropped D* in June 05. According to Gregg Loewen, my HD CRT RPTV will only display around max of 950 lines (there is debates of possible 1400 max). My main reason of dropping D* was the lack of adding more HD programming & the cost per month for it. I'm loving my HD by OTA. I disagree with calling VOOM crap though. I have SBC DSL now & hope someday soon to have AT&T/SBC IPTV (I think thats what they are using)...

Barney

Last edited:
I just spent my time reading the next four pages almost since my last post and all I read was a cat fight for over 80% off those 4 pages. With that said adding another 10 pages won't do us any good will it and before even more flames start and things get out of hand I'm locking this thread. If these cat fights must continue please start it in another sticky I'm going to create.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar