Chase Carey Voom Sticky (Cat Fight Version):

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find amazing that an open forum is so threating to some. Personally what Chase Carrey had to say, reads volumes into D* thinking on HD. The personal attacks did get out of hand, but this should have been dealt with quickly. People don't fear getting kicked off anymore, because one of the biggest offenders was allowed to come back on.

The rules should apply to everyone...everyday, or let's don't have any.

Last edited:
Jamey K said:
I find amazing that an open forum is so threating to some. Personally what Chase Carrey had to say, reads volumes into D* thinking on HD. The personal attacks did get out of hand, but this should have been dealt quickly. People don't fear getting kicked off anymore, because one of the biggest offenders was aloud to come back on.

The rules should apply to everyone...everyday, or let's don't have any.

To be honest I didn't think the cat fight was that bad but the question would be is it fair for all the other people to have to read 8 pages of a cat fight to get to the real non cat fight talking and I say no. Nothing more could have been said from that thread so why waste bandwidth. My way gave people the option to continue and as we see nothing was continued. Also once we start banning people for their opinions when they aren't breaking the rules we have turned into a closed forum and not an open forum. So this was the better way and the right way to handle this cat fight situation wouldn't you say.

LonghornXP said:
So this was the better way and the right way to handle this cat fight situation wouldn't you say.

Yes I do. Cat fights one place, serious information another.

It's funny, the "Chase Carey QnA Recap" thread, which is full of info (and I spent a long time on it--(You're welcome:D )--has only been viewed 1/10 as many times as the "Chase Carey calls VoOm crap" thread. It's kinda sad, actually. I guess it shows that a lot of people only come here to bitch and fight, and don't even really give a rat's @$$ about information....:rolleyes:

Without some of the catfights, you end up with a lot of bad information though - like "D* HD now is better than any HD out there." You can't assume everyone lurking, and looking for information, is able to filter out the BS.

guys,

one more thing. i do believe i am the member that Jamey was discussing. so here is a response. this CAT FIGHT happened in a DIRECTV forum, not a DISH or a VOOM forum. we directv posters are supposed to respect the dish and FORMER voom posters on your turf. why don't you offer us the same respect???? i happen to agree with Mr Carey on this one, his opine is correct.

i did a lot of bashing of voom back in its day, BUT, go back and read the posts. everything i said CAME TRUE. i was not looking at voom thru my eyes or my heart. i was posting as a tech who met the subs every day.

again it is pretty sad when us directv people cant discuss the CEO of the company with out being bashed by FORMER voom subs, on the DIRECTV FORUM.

As for reading what Carey has to say. Who cares after a stupid statement like that. It ranks up there with the genious Hill who doesnt think HD is anything to get excited about. We all know nothing is coming from them anyway, and what they are putting out is crap for picture quality.

Last edited:
I knew Chase's statement would piss a lot of you off, that's why I posted it. But really, HD, as available today, off-air and from the satellite, is great. WTF do you have to compare it to that's so much better. When you get right down to it, the main issue here is impatience. You guys are just not willing/able to admit that there have been amazing advances in technology and life is great right now. Just sit back and enjoy the beautiful picture and quit analyzing the bitrate. I think if you guys had a blind "taste test" and saw 2 great pictures side by side, you would later have a different opinion based on the bitrate, even though you couldn't see it at the time, just cuz you thought it would make you look cooler/more authoritave...

Last edited:
Holy Steeler lovefest :rolleyes:

Anyway catfight was fine..there was some substance in the thread but the bottom line is the Dish and VOOM people were very hurt, very very very hurt by Chase's comments..I think they fell down and lost their shoes.

I think you guys, 1.7777777777778 (16/9) and dragon, sum it up best when you say if youre a directv person you have to wait for the future.

The detractors called us names and challenged our sexually orientation when we took that philosophy. Kinda like when the Hanson brothers went into battle..they called em names..they challenged the chiefs! I say blog fights are dumb. I say we throw down. Lets trade for Ogie Oglethorpe and take em all on. Remember when the Germans bombed peal harbor...was it over then? And it aint over now...whos with me!

not many people can put a slap shot reference right next to an animal house reference.:D

didnt challenge my orientation...............the guy who wanted the food channel in hd????? can you imagine julia childs face in hd,,,,,or would he like warm liver??? IN HD....can you imagine his life???

thank god for directv, the steelers and a man sized grill that has never seen an avacado on it!!!!!!

burgers, ribs, chops and LOTS of beer!!http://www.dve.com/pages/am/audio/Jake Plummer Song.mp3

Last edited:
Then if this is the official satellite guys catfight thread. Lets do it.

Im calling them out. All those I have VOOM and you dont people.

First off we need sponsor. Anyone have a connection over at Midol?

Second we are gonna need a fire extiguisher. Cuz from what Im reading if we have all these dish people near us with their HDMI cables there could be a fire.

Third we need a trophy. It should be the 2006 Satellite Guys my provider is better than your provider trophy.

Fourth we need a ref. Someone to award the official 2006 Satellite Guys my provider is better than your provider trophy.

Fifth. A marketing team. Think of all the cool slogans we could put on Tshirts.

Sixth. I think we all owe a special thanks to LonghornXP for giving as a special forum to catfight. It just doesnt get any better than this.

So lets go bring it on...lets get to ready rumble!!! Thumbs high baby :up

Last edited:
sixteenbynine said:
I knew Chase's statement would piss a lot of you off, that's why I posted it. But really, HD, as available today, off-air and from the satellite, is great. WTF do you have to compare it to that's so much better. When you get right down to it, the main issue here is impatience. You guys are just not willing/able to admit that there have been amazing advances in technology and life is great right now. Just sit back and enjoy the beautiful picture and quit analyzing the bitrate. I think if you guys had a blind "taste test" and saw 2 great pictures side by side, you would later have a different opinion based on the bitrate, even though you couldn't see it at the time, just cuz you thought it would make you look cooler/more authoritave...

Don't assume your ignorance, or lack of experience, is shared by everyone else. :rolleyes:

And ya know what they say about opinions..after reading the VOOM schedule posted by sean I have to agree with Chase. Although you do get Kung Fu in HD I may switch providers today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)