cheap DiSEqC Switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I've been having switch troubles... again, I think this goes back to my "When you buy cheap stuff, you have cheap stuff" problems I got when I first started out.

I finally think I found the solution to my problem. I came across the Chieta WSD-2041

http://www.chieta.com/WSD.htm

Has anyone used this switch?

Its a Chinese web site?

I have been using the same 2 way DiSEqC switch now for around 2 years with no problems! And its out exposed to the elements!

same here. I had one outside for 2+years. Back was all rusted tro hell but it worked like a champ. Took it down when I upgraded to the Invacom Quad and ripped the back off and took pictures for everyone :)

What brand are you guys using? Right now I am using a DMSI one right now, but I am just waiting for it to go out too....

Right now the DMSI ones are working for me, I am just looking for a heavy duty backup. I'm tired of climbing to change switches. I went through 4 of them quick like...

The DMSi DiSEqC switch comes with a cover (see below)

One trick that REALLY helps is to make sure to have the switch sitting horizontally this helps keep the water out. The DMSi switch I have been using has no cover but does have dielectric grease in all connections.

Attachments

• wp2x1.jpg
    wp2x1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 174
my Dmsi switch didn't come with a cover.... oh well. :)

I am using EX6 connectors, plus I grease all connections. How all this started was the back seperated on my first switch, and all replacements I've gotten off e-bay have failed. The DMSI ones I bought seem to be working so far, but I am looking for a backup to put in there if/when I have a switch failure again.

I'm going to try out the Chieta ones, my 22k switches are the Chieta brand, and they seem to work well.

I keep all my outdoor switches and splitters inside of a couple weather proof boxes. They keep everything nice and dry.

I had my first one in a hoffman pushbutton enclosure. It was a "washdown duty" box, but the problem is the moisture that did get inside couldn't get out :)

is that the one from Techisat but with your private label?

Good idea. I have a few different brands of switches from receivers I have purchased. I do like that model where all the ports are on one side. All of my 4 way ones have 3 on one side and 2 on the other. Makes it a pain when running cables (have to contort 2 cables to get to those connections)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)