cheap DiSEqC Switches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I've been having switch troubles... again, I think this goes back to my "When you buy cheap stuff, you have cheap stuff" problems I got when I first started out.

I finally think I found the solution to my problem. I came across the Chieta WSD-2041

http://www.chieta.com/WSD.htm

Has anyone used this switch?

Its a Chinese web site?

I have been using the same 2 way DiSEqC switch now for around 2 years with no problems! And its out exposed to the elements!

same here. I had one outside for 2+years. Back was all rusted tro hell but it worked like a champ. Took it down when I upgraded to the Invacom Quad and ripped the back off and took pictures for everyone :)

What brand are you guys using? Right now I am using a DMSI one right now, but I am just waiting for it to go out too....

Right now the DMSI ones are working for me, I am just looking for a heavy duty backup. I'm tired of climbing to change switches. I went through 4 of them quick like...

The DMSi DiSEqC switch comes with a cover (see below)

One trick that REALLY helps is to make sure to have the switch sitting horizontally this helps keep the water out. The DMSi switch I have been using has no cover but does have dielectric grease in all connections.

Attachments

• wp2x1.jpg
    wp2x1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 175
my Dmsi switch didn't come with a cover.... oh well. :)

I am using EX6 connectors, plus I grease all connections. How all this started was the back seperated on my first switch, and all replacements I've gotten off e-bay have failed. The DMSI ones I bought seem to be working so far, but I am looking for a backup to put in there if/when I have a switch failure again.

I'm going to try out the Chieta ones, my 22k switches are the Chieta brand, and they seem to work well.

I keep all my outdoor switches and splitters inside of a couple weather proof boxes. They keep everything nice and dry.

I had my first one in a hoffman pushbutton enclosure. It was a "washdown duty" box, but the problem is the moisture that did get inside couldn't get out :)

is that the one from Techisat but with your private label?

Good idea. I have a few different brands of switches from receivers I have purchased. I do like that model where all the ports are on one side. All of my 4 way ones have 3 on one side and 2 on the other. Makes it a pain when running cables (have to contort 2 cables to get to those connections)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)