Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
If anyone is looking to make/repair coax cables on the cheap, I just bought a Klien Tools VDV212-008-SEN Compact F-Connector Compression Crimper for $15 and free shipping on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B002KWZCR2
And these F connectors for $12.99 and free shipping, [bag of 50] :

Amazon product ASIN B008VIH63M
I tried them out tonight and both the tool and the connectors worked great. In about fifteen minutes I'd fixed broken ends on four cables I had and it was a snap, worked great.

If anyone is looking to make/repair coax cables on the cheap, I just bought a Klien Tools VDV212-008-SEN Compact F-Connector Compression Crimper for $15 and free shipping on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B002KWZCR2
And these F connectors for $12.99 and free shipping, [bag of 50] :

Amazon product ASIN B008VIH63M
I tried them out tonight and both the tool and the connectors worked great. In about fifteen minutes I'd fixed broken ends on four cables I had and it was a snap, worked great.
Agree, I recently purchased those too and have been very happy with them. Got this along with them and it's work well: Amazon product ASIN B000HRWOTQ

Reactions: . Raine
Agree, I recently purchased those too and have been very happy with them. Got this along with them and it's work well: Amazon product ASIN B000HRWOTQ

I'm gonna have to get one of them, that one has a lot of good reviews. When I ordered the tool and connectors I forgot to order the cutter too, I'd meant to order one that I saw for around four dollars but totally forgot about it, I'm going to order that one you posted. I'd used a razor knife to strip the coax and it worked fine, but it would be much less work with a cutter, I'm sure.

I'd never tried putting ends onto coax cables before, I was surprised how nice of a job that tool and those connectors did!

A Raine, thanks for the info. Good prices for both the tool and connectors! One of the Amazon reviews mentioned these connectors;
www.amazon.com/EX6LWS-Plus-AquaTight-RG-6-Connectors/dp/B003MY3F0I/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

Think I'll give them a try. For outdoors, I currently use standard compression fittings covered with butyl rubber tape. Works good, but removing the connectors after the rubber tape has set is a real pita!

(((The 'link' function only works when the http:// is stripped off. What happened?)))

Last edited:
Reactions: . Raine
Thanks for the info. Good prices for both the tool and connectors! One of the Amazon reviews mentioned these connectors;
www.amazon.com/EX6LWS-Plus-AquaTight-RG-6-Connectors/dp/B003MY3F0I/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

Think I'll give them a try. For outdoors, I currently use standard compression fittings covered with butyl rubber tape. Works good, but removing the connectors after the rubber tape has set is a real pita!

(((The 'link' function only works when the http:// is stripped off. What happened?)))
Removing those connectors is simple just use a pair of dykes to cut them off correctly installed the cable gives before fitting comes off.

Butyl comes off clean if you wrap some electrical tape over the connector first (before putting the butyl on). Don't use butyl on TVRO usually but mostly on N connectors between feedline and antennae. I usually use these:
hxxp://www.rpssat.com/collections/cable-connectors/products/ex6xlws-ppc-compression-connector
for outside connections exposed to the elements. I add di-electric grease to the end before compressing the connector.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts