Cheapest way to do this

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
ok so my bud has a scalr ring with a polorizer and cband lnb attached to it.
1. Will most cband lnb pick up digital cband?
2. What is the cheapest way to add a cheap ku lnb to this without cutting the scalar ring?

like this?
1zb5oop.jpg

With a Linear LNB, I would think you would have to account for polarity.
I have only toyed with a Circular LNB "strapped" to the BUD. Pointing South, 3 o'clock best position.

If you use an lnbf it is voltage switched. You will not have to worry about the polarity. Using a diseqc switch with your fta receiver.

1. Will most cband lnb pick up digital cband?

yes

2. What is the cheapest way to add a cheap ku lnb to this without cutting the scalar ring?
cheapest way i've found without cutting the scaler is to use a conduit hanger from most hardware stores that will fit on the ku lnbf and attach it to the scaler side. depending on which side it will probably adjust your position a couple of degrees ... so when c-band is on satellite 121 and you place it on the right side you would tune it to get satellite 123W ( just an example) its something you have to tinker with to get it right.

its something you have to tinker with to get it right.

Huh! The dish is 300 pounds. It takes me and 3 strong men to lift it off the pole. Im gonna get it so it gos up once and stays/

well i wasn't actually thinking about moving anything already in place (leave the c band like it is if you already have signal . just placing a hanger off the scaler where it currently is. so the only movement should be the new ku lnbf & holder / hanger. so three men arent needed unless you want them to hold the ladder :)

tinker = adjust up/down , left / right, in toward dish/ away from dish

Hahahah
The dishes mount is 100 pounds the motor is 30 and the reflector is 130 without the eye that is 300 pounds it took 4 men to lift it up and we were stuggliling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)