Cheapest way to upgrade to an HD DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I just bought an HD TV and was frustrated to hear that it is going to cost me $110 to upgrade to an HD DVR. Is there a cheaper way to do it other than what they are telling me?

CSR Roulette is when you keep calling until you get a price you like. Never get upset with the rep but, politely decline the offer and call back and hope for a better price.

My thought is if you're going to pay a lot of money for HDTV why not pay the money for a HD DVR that that is going to give the most viewing of HD? A HD DVR is a nice compliment to a nice HDTV.

I just bought an HD TV and was frustrated to hear that it is going to cost me $110 to upgrade to an HD DVR. Is there a cheaper way to do it other than what they are telling me?
$110 sounds like a great deal. I paid $99 but that was with a totally new install! For all the HD-DVR does, why is $110 too much?:cool:

It really is like shopping in Mexico.

After getting the offer I posted above, I told them that I would think about it. When I called today, they said that they couldn't give me that offer. So I decided to call again five minutes later. They not only gave me that offer, but an extra $10 credit off my bill for six months.

Pretty weird.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've got to wait two weeks. Until then, the only HD I get is local channels off my antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)