Cheapest way to upgrade to an HD DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I just bought an HD TV and was frustrated to hear that it is going to cost me $110 to upgrade to an HD DVR. Is there a cheaper way to do it other than what they are telling me?

CSR Roulette is when you keep calling until you get a price you like. Never get upset with the rep but, politely decline the offer and call back and hope for a better price.

My thought is if you're going to pay a lot of money for HDTV why not pay the money for a HD DVR that that is going to give the most viewing of HD? A HD DVR is a nice compliment to a nice HDTV.

I just bought an HD TV and was frustrated to hear that it is going to cost me $110 to upgrade to an HD DVR. Is there a cheaper way to do it other than what they are telling me?
$110 sounds like a great deal. I paid $99 but that was with a totally new install! For all the HD-DVR does, why is $110 too much?:cool:

It really is like shopping in Mexico.

After getting the offer I posted above, I told them that I would think about it. When I called today, they said that they couldn't give me that offer. So I decided to call again five minutes later. They not only gave me that offer, but an extra $10 credit off my bill for six months.

Pretty weird.

Thanks. Unfortunately I've got to wait two weeks. Until then, the only HD I get is local channels off my antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts