Cheapest way to watch S2 'Walking Dead'...Dish America sub.

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
Looks like I'd have to pay $20 x 2 or 3 mo to jump to America's Top 200 from my Dish America pack to add AMC, just for 'The Walking Dead'. Or wait and rent the 'season pass' for $15 on iTunes or Amazon Prime. Or am I missing another option?

I'm indeed a BBMP sub, would love to see the series available via VOD, but since I don't sub AMC in my package...and I'm sure they'll carry the BluRay edition when its released (that's my other 'fall-back position'). Was really curious about immediate (i.e. during the seasons airing, not months later) options. Oh, how I wish we had true a la carte!

The cheapest way would be Welcome Pack [$14.99/mo. last time I checked] if you can get it and if you like the channel selection. Here is a link to the channel selection (Hint: Click on "Channel" to put the list in channel number order): Welcome Pack

In addition, it may be helpful to check out the Dish Latino packages:
Dish Latino Plus ($37.99/mo.) DISH Network
Dish Latino Dos ($44.99/mo.) [eligible for HD Free for Life]: DISH Network [Personally, we like this one.]
Dish Latino Max ($57.99/mo.) [eligible for HD Free for Life]: DISH Network [Con to us: $13/mo. more than the previous package]

I hope that helps. Best of luck to you...Let us know what you decide to do as this could also help others. :)

I haven't checked this yet with The Walking Dead, but I know it worked last year (or the year before) with another AMC show "Mad Men".

Go to the Dish Cinema area on your DVR (I forget what this is called now, I guess it is Dish On Demand). You can then look for TV shows by channel. AMC should be feature. Before they would show the previous week's episode, so in this case, episode 2 may be available.

I'm also on the Dish America package and presumably, haven't had AMC. I noticed today, though, that I have the channel. I didn't notice it before, so how long I've had it, I'm not sure. I'm guessing this is just one of those instances where Dish will sometimes open up certain channels to people on lower packages, for special occasions (in this case, for Halloween)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts