Is it possible to get a UHF remote for a DVR512?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The replacement remote for a 512 is a 6.4 IR/UHF remote. So yes, it is possible. I don't believe the 512 comes with an UHF antenna, so we may need to send one of those out as well.

It does have an antenna and I have a 6.4 IR/UHF but the tech at Dish could not get it working. I have a 2 and the systems wants a 1 remote?

1. Using the original TV1 remote or front panel buttons, press menu, select System Setup, Installation, then TV1 UHF Pro Setup
  2. Select Enable, then Select System Info from the same screen
  3. Highlight the Primary Remote Address using the CHANNEL UP on the remote
  4. Press record on the remote.
You should see it change to IR/UHF pro on the right side of the remote address. I have been able to get this to work with the #2 key in the remote in the past, but normally it does need to have the #1 UHF tab

Ask for a "UHF Pro remote upgrade". This is supposed to include two items: the UHF Pro remote and UHF Pro antenna.

Of course if MattG's configuration advice doesn't work, don't waste your money.

Do you have any other keys/tabs for the remote? It would be the same TV1 UHF tab as the 522

remotekeys.JPG
pencil.png

Make sure that the switch next to the remote cover is flipped to the "A" side, then try this: get to the same screen as posted above, and when you have the remote address highlighted:

Hold SAT until all the mode lights are lit (SAT will be flashing when you release it)
press the number "3" on the keypad
Press "#"
Press record 3 times

I tried it with the "blue" side up labeled 2 UHF and got no response- remote quit responding. I then tried it with the black side up labeled UHF and the remote worked but it didn't change the IR1 that still shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)