Is it possible to get a UHF remote for a DVR512?

bcurt99,

The replacement remote for the 512 is the 6.4 IR/UHF Pro. The color tab at the bottom of the remote makes difference for its functionality. See if you have a black tab for the bottom of the remote and then try to readdress the remote to the receiver. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

I think what I need is a #1 tab for my 6.4 remote?
You can use the Black tab or the Green #1 Tab with the UHF box on it. You need to go to Menu 6-1-6 "TV1 UHF Pro Set-up" Screen. On the right hand side is a box "System Info", be sure the TV1 UHF Pro Set-up is ENABLED then select on the "System Info". With this screen up, go ahead and press the "record" Button 3 times and it should change your remote address to a UHF address! Good Luck!

Are the tabs different for the 6.4? According to the jpeg Matt posted, the black tab would only transmit IR and 'old' style UHF...

6.4remo.JPG

The tabs are the same. Keep in mind that for the 512 you would want to reference the 522 on these pictures.

Getting the 512 in UHF Pro Mode

I'm having the same problem getting my 512 into UHF Pro mode. I got the 512 as a replacement for the obsolete 508. The replacement came with an IR only remote and we keep this particular received in a cabinet so we need UHF. I had a spare #2 remote from a 722 in another room. I flipped the tab to the black UHF side and the switch in the battery compartment is on A. I've done the Menu-6-1-6 Enable UHF Pro and when I go from there to the Sys Info screen, I am able to change the remote address with the hold Sat key, enter a number, press #, press record process, but the System Info screen never changes to UHF, it just stays in IR mode. Does anyone know how to get this 512 into UHF mode?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Dish Network has not helped me after 3 phone calls and 4 hours of being on hold total. Any fixes? Someone suggested a 21.0 remote??

The 6.x remotes work just fine with the 512. You need the green 1 UHF key, not the black UHF key like you needed for the 508.

The 21.0 will also work and since DISH no longer offers the keys separately, that may be the more flexible option.

The 6.x remotes work just fine with the 512. You need the green 1 UHF key, not the black UHF key like you needed for the 508.

The 21.0 will also work and since DISH no longer offers the keys separately, that may be the more flexible option.

You can try it all day long, with every remote and key option out there. The 512 does not work with UHF, at least not with the current software. The menu option to set up UHF pro 1, was left in the software from the 522, but it doesn't work.

Now you know MATTG

You can try it all day long, with every remote and key option out there. The 512 does not work with UHF, at least not with the current software. The menu option to set up UHF pro 1, was left in the software from the 522, but it doesn't work.

Now you know MATTG

I figured that. I could never get it out of IR mode and into UHF mode. The people with Dish Network tech support are worthless and have zero knowledge.

I figured that. I could never get it out of IR mode and into UHF mode. The people with Dish Network tech support are worthless and have zero knowledge.
Remember, this is an antique receiver. Little doubt they would not know all about it.

KAB said:
Remember, this is an antique receiver. Little doubt they would not know all about it.

Exactly! Not only antique, antique and tweaked. Doubt there was extensive paperwork passed down on the old 625 converted to a single output. Take an LG flip phone to Verizon and expect the same result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts