Check switch installation every morning

If it were me, I would still prefer to run the additional cable into the RV, so that the Solo Node could be located inside, to weather-proof it as much as possible. I know that it is not absolutely necessary, but it couldn't hurt. When I was using my Hopper at home, both the DPP44 switch and Solo Node were located in my basement. I have never trusted leaving switches or other such accessories outdoors. Not only does it increase the risk of water getting into the connections, it also may be an easy target for fellow satellite enthusiasts with sticky fingers. :eeek
My DPH42 switch is located at my dish which is mounted on my chimney. It has been there since they were available. It's as safe there as my DPP LNB... ;) My Solo Hub is located in my garage. We placed the switch there to prevent the need to run a third coax from the dish to the garage.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If a Joey is in the future it would probably replace the 211. All that would need to happen there is to take the coax off of the 3rd port on the Trav'ler and move it to the Client port on the Solo Node and, of course, change the receivers.
I get it! It is so great when the light goes on! I am awaiting my solo node and cables I ordered off amazon, then I will let you know how it goes!

I received the solo node (thanks Bobby!) and the cables from Amazon and mission accomplished! Thank you everyone for making this so easy! I now have all 3 tuners and my daily switch check is behind me!
D993251B-F4A5-4FA3-9262-591F5ED95244.jpeg
833235C3-0D35-4A33-AE40-7279B6307772.jpeg

I received the solo node (thanks Bobby!) and the cables from Amazon and mission accomplished! Thank you everyone for making this so easy! I now have all 3 tuners and my daily switch check is behind me!View attachment 146212View attachment 146213
TBoyer, now that I look at your second photo, it would be a good idea to secure your extra wiring and the Solo Node to the roof before moving your RV. Flapping in the breeze will cause issues later.

TBoyer, now that I look at your second photo, it would be a good idea to secure your extra wiring and the Solo Node to the roof before moving your RV. Flapping in the breeze will cause issues later.
Yet another reason why I recommended putting the Solo Node inside the RV, but who listens to me? :oldwink

Reactions: HipKat
Yet another reason why I recommended putting the Solo Node inside the RV, but who listens to me? :oldwink
If you look at the installation you will notice that both receiver coaxes enter the roof of the RV in the same place. They will be hidden in the ceiling of the RV and home run to the rooms. It would be difficult to place the node inside without tearing apart the interior. This installation works and is the least work intensive and has the least cost. It is not a big thing to secure the items on the roof.

Reactions: TBoyer and TheKrell
Thanks, I appreciate your input. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to secure it yet. Any input from the RV folks out there would be helpful. I will research and figure out something before we get back on the road.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks, I appreciate your input. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to secure it yet. Any input from the RV folks out there would be helpful. I will research and figure out something before we get back on the road.
You could try 3M Command strips (or tape). Just make sure you thoroughly clean (and dry) both the Solo Node and the place on the roof where you are going to attach it, before sticking the double-sided tape there. This should hold well enough, at least as a temporary fix.

Reactions: TBoyer
You could try 3M Command strips (or tape). Just make sure you thoroughly clean (and dry) both the Solo Node and the place on the roof where you are going to attach it, before sticking the double-sided tape there. This should hold well enough, at least as a temporary fix.
That would rip loose in a flash with wind streaming over the top at ~65mph. I note that the existing wiring seems to be in wire clamps that may or may not be screwed into the roof and then covered with a sealant. It might be good to go to an RV repair shop and have it done professionally. It can’t cost much.

Reactions: TBoyer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)