Chicago HD DNS question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tuff bob

Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
I've currently got the big 4 networks DNS from NY (on an old DTC-100 which is actually kaput but I've kept paying the 5/month to keep DNS eligibility), but now I know Chicago locals are available in MPEG4 ... if I were to activate a H20 HD receiver, will I lose my NY DNS? (I only have the 3 LNB dish so I wouldnt be able to get Chicago locals, and I have no interest since they come in great OTA)

Last edited:
tuff bob said:
I've currently got the big 4 networks DNS from NY (on an old DTC-100 which is actually kaput but I've kept paying the 5/month to keep DNS eligibility), but now I know Chicago locals are available in MPEG4 ... if I were to activate a H20 HD receiver, will I lose my NY DNS? (I only have the 3 LNB dish so I wouldnt be able to get Chicago locals, and I have no interest since they come in great OTA)
NO.

tuff bob said:
yep ... they're on ... should i cancel my non-working DTC100 :rolleyes:

You can now, BUT...

Do be aware that you WILL eventually be loosing your DNS HD nets anyway - those were ONLY a temp HD network solution until D* got the HD locals up. Right now, since they still DON'T have an MPEG4 HD DVR out yet, (nationwide anyway) they are leaving them up as is, but once the DVR is out, look for a letter cutting your HD DNS nets off.

Yep, I was aware that I will lose them at some point but I thought it was a fairly high bar before they had to switch off DNS ? like they had to have converted / offered to converted 90% of people in the DNS?

I lost my NY feeds not to long after I got my H20 and I live a little north of Chicago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)