Chicago HD local outage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Well the weather is over, Yet my locals are gone on D* as they must of just went out. There is a screen up that says D* is aware of the issue and no need to call. The stations are fine as im watching NFL on NBC via OTA but the D* star feed is gone. Just goes to show you how important OTA is and how much of a good backup it can be.

If someone over at D* is reading this and you all are swapping encoders. Give us the really good quality ones, that makes the picture super good!

It is more than a problem with the Chicago channels. The Columbus SD channels have been gone all day. At least the HD ones are still coming in.

Well the weather is over, Yet my locals are gone on D* as they must of just went out. There is a screen up that says D* is aware of the issue and no need to call. The stations are fine as im watching NFL on NBC via OTA but the D* star feed is gone. Just goes to show you how important OTA is and how much of a good backup it can be.

If someone over at D* is reading this and you all are swapping encoders. Give us the really good quality ones, that makes the picture super good!

I had the same issue yesterday late afternoon and evening in Cincinnati (only HD were out, SD were fine.) I am hazarding a guess that it was an issue of the 103 spotbeams. When I checked signal strength some transponders were in the high 80s while two were like 25. :cool:

Well the weather is over, Yet my locals are gone on D* as they must of just went out. There is a screen up that says D* is aware of the issue and no need to call. The stations are fine as im watching NFL on NBC via OTA but the D* star feed is gone.

I imagine this has been addressed but on Wednesday this week I received a pre-recorded call from D* actually apologizing for the locals outage last weekend. They offered no remuneration, only an apology and the promise that they didn't do it on purpose. Honest!:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)