Chicago WGN The CW- Now available in MPEG-4 HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebonovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
WGN in Chicago; A Tribune company and a CW Affiliate.

Is now available in MPEG-4 HD on DirecTV

You may have to "edit" your favorites lists to see the channel, as it is not automatically added to your favorite lists.

ebonovic,
Does D* have a MPEG4 test channel ?
I've had the MPEG4 eqwuipment for several months now and due to geting some bad info, I have not been able to see anything in MPEG4, therefore I have no idea if the installer has the lnb's fine tuned for MPEG4.

Wouldn't you think they should have a channel at least one like in the 490's that at least says "If you see this, it works "

Sorry about changing the topic for a moment.
Now, Back to your regularly scheduled topic ....

I'm glad to see WGN available.
I would like for some day when D* has all these locals up and running, to allow us to have other city locals, staying in our spot beam, if nessasary, for an addl. $5 p/m of course.

Jimbo

Jimbos... as far as I know, no.. they don't have an MPEG-4 test channel.
As right now, I don't think they have the ability on the current Ka Sats to send a CONUS signal.

Jimbos... as far as I know, no.. they don't have an MPEG-4 test channel.
As right now, I don't think they have the ability on the current Ka Sats to send a CONUS signal.
Correct, Earl. AS the Spaceways satellites are set up only for spot beams, there's no way to set up a test channel for the 99 and 103 positions. That's why sometimes you get a failure message that says that only four satellites were found but you aren't missing any channels.

Is there any chance that WGN will eventually go national since WGN broadcasts as a superstation? I live in Columbus, Ohio but I am a huge Cubs fan. I would love to be able to watch my beloved Cubbies in HD. Thanks, lbostons

Is there any chance that WGN will eventually go national since WGN broadcasts as a superstation? I live in Columbus, Ohio but I am a huge Cubs fan. I would love to be able to watch my beloved Cubbies in HD. Thanks, lbostons

As far as I know... I have never seen an article or announcement of an HD version of the Superstation.

Other then the Cubs/Sox/Bulls games that they carry... the rest of their HD content is under the CW affiliate, which is not part of the superstation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts