Chicagoland Local HD problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hytops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
DOWN LOADIND GUIDE is the message that starts approximately 10 seconds when i tune in to any of the local HD stations 2,5,7,9,32. It stays on the screen with the orange highlite "more information". If i select it, i have to reboot to get the system back to normal.
I spoke with a csr and he indicated they are aware of this problem. Is anyone else getting this?:eek:

I guess they must have cleared it up all ready. I was gone for the weekend and it was working when I got home yesterday.

I haven't had guide issues but I have been noticing that the HD locals pixelate quite a bit lately. It seems to be like it was back before the last software update. I had my dish re-pointed and my signal strength is great. The Chicago spot beam signal is 95. I cannot understand why this is happening. I have the H20-100 model. As far as I know there isn't or hasn't been a software upgrade for that model. It is getting frustrating to watch anything on the HD locals. Every few minutes it pixelates. I sent an e-mail to Directv about this. It seems like the picture quality is going backwards not getting better. This $10 per month is starting to seem like a ripoff!!

same problem

i am having the same problem. Lots of pixelation. They repointed the dish even. I got in touch with a head guy at Directv and they are working on it. They thought it was only happening with the 600 series receivers, but I told them I had a 100 and it was happening. They are looking into it and know it is not an isolated problem.

It was working good for a while but now is bad. First we had audio problems now pixleation.

WGN HD available via DirecTV LiL?

Hytops said:
DOWN LOADIND GUIDE is the message that starts approximately 10 seconds when i tune in to any of the local HD stations 2,5,7,9,32. It stays on the screen with the orange highlite "more information". If i select it, i have to reboot to get the system back to normal.
I spoke with a csr and he indicated they are aware of this problem. Is anyone else getting this?:eek:

You mentioned channel 9. Is that now available in HD via DirecTV? Their web site still only lists 2, 5, 7 & 32.

I didn't see channel 9 either. I really wish they would fix the pixelation problem. It is getting really annoying. I'm starting to think this may be caused by a weak transponder or a sat problem. I'm sure d* knows of the problem as well but gives no info on when it will be fixed.

sstang7 said:
I had the HD package free for 3 months but now I pay $9.99 per month. Am I the only one paying that? :confused: I bought my H20 before the leasing program began.

Misunderstood. I thought that was a monthly charge for the unit. Most pay 10 bucks for the HD package.

Channel 9

mcaldero said:
You mentioned channel 9. Is that now available in HD via DirecTV? Their web site still only lists 2, 5, 7 & 32.

No channel 9. That was my oversite. Sorry.

Hytops said:
:D Update:
Problem resolved. Tree interferance. The dish was put up in the winter with no leaves on the trees. I kept loosing 119B and 3 HD stations. all is great after I put it on a sled mount.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)