Chicagoland Local HD problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hytops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
DOWN LOADIND GUIDE is the message that starts approximately 10 seconds when i tune in to any of the local HD stations 2,5,7,9,32. It stays on the screen with the orange highlite "more information". If i select it, i have to reboot to get the system back to normal.
I spoke with a csr and he indicated they are aware of this problem. Is anyone else getting this?:eek:

I guess they must have cleared it up all ready. I was gone for the weekend and it was working when I got home yesterday.

I haven't had guide issues but I have been noticing that the HD locals pixelate quite a bit lately. It seems to be like it was back before the last software update. I had my dish re-pointed and my signal strength is great. The Chicago spot beam signal is 95. I cannot understand why this is happening. I have the H20-100 model. As far as I know there isn't or hasn't been a software upgrade for that model. It is getting frustrating to watch anything on the HD locals. Every few minutes it pixelates. I sent an e-mail to Directv about this. It seems like the picture quality is going backwards not getting better. This $10 per month is starting to seem like a ripoff!!

same problem

i am having the same problem. Lots of pixelation. They repointed the dish even. I got in touch with a head guy at Directv and they are working on it. They thought it was only happening with the 600 series receivers, but I told them I had a 100 and it was happening. They are looking into it and know it is not an isolated problem.

It was working good for a while but now is bad. First we had audio problems now pixleation.

WGN HD available via DirecTV LiL?

Hytops said:
DOWN LOADIND GUIDE is the message that starts approximately 10 seconds when i tune in to any of the local HD stations 2,5,7,9,32. It stays on the screen with the orange highlite "more information". If i select it, i have to reboot to get the system back to normal.
I spoke with a csr and he indicated they are aware of this problem. Is anyone else getting this?:eek:

You mentioned channel 9. Is that now available in HD via DirecTV? Their web site still only lists 2, 5, 7 & 32.

I didn't see channel 9 either. I really wish they would fix the pixelation problem. It is getting really annoying. I'm starting to think this may be caused by a weak transponder or a sat problem. I'm sure d* knows of the problem as well but gives no info on when it will be fixed.

sstang7 said:
I had the HD package free for 3 months but now I pay $9.99 per month. Am I the only one paying that? :confused: I bought my H20 before the leasing program began.

Misunderstood. I thought that was a monthly charge for the unit. Most pay 10 bucks for the HD package.

Channel 9

mcaldero said:
You mentioned channel 9. Is that now available in HD via DirecTV? Their web site still only lists 2, 5, 7 & 32.

No channel 9. That was my oversite. Sorry.

Hytops said:
:D Update:
Problem resolved. Tree interferance. The dish was put up in the winter with no leaves on the trees. I kept loosing 119B and 3 HD stations. all is great after I put it on a sled mount.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)