Chiller Channel on Dish Network?

Looking for more horror..

I am a big horror fan and would love to see Chiller added. Especially in HD.

How many national news channels do we have? Local news at 6PM? National news at 6:30PM? How many shopping channels? Religous channels? TV Land and Nick at Nite.. The list goes on so saying we already have MonstersHD just doesn't make sense to me.

The service we get is supposed to provide the most choices for everyone. If you don't think so, you should also be happy being back in the 1960's with just 4 to 7 channels to choose from. If you were lucky enough to get that many where you were.

The addition of MHD will be nice too. In a few years this same argument will take place again when MHD-Classic Rock, MHD-Deep Cuts Classic Rock and MHD-Classic Hits Rock will all be available to the providers. You don't see this coming? Yeah, you might have guessed, I like good old rock n' roll too.

I also like choices. Otherwise I would just get an OTA antenna and be happy with that.

shoot see the fleetwood mac concert on rave? i got an auto tune just to watch it set up every time it comes on, i would love some classic rock mhd :)

4 to 7 channels... I would have been in heaven as a kid! We got 2 channels really good, 1 (ch2) was trashed alot since we had a cb'er across the street, and PBS only came in if I put a big wad of tin foil on the rabbit ears :) This was when I was a kid growing up in the 1970's. I remember when our tv was b&w too..no remote.... :)

I am a big horror fan and would love to see Chiller added. Especially in HD.

How many national news channels do we have? Local news at 6PM? National news at 6:30PM? How many shopping channels? Religous channels? TV Land and Nick at Nite.. The list goes on so saying we already have MonstersHD just doesn't make sense to me.

The service we get is supposed to provide the most choices for everyone. If you don't think so, you should also be happy being back in the 1960's with just 4 to 7 channels to choose from. If you were lucky enough to get that many where you were.

The addition of MHD will be nice too. In a few years this same argument will take place again when MHD-Classic Rock, MHD-Deep Cuts Classic Rock and MHD-Classic Hits Rock will all be available to the providers. You don't see this coming? Yeah, you might have guessed, I like good old rock n' roll too.

I also like choices. Otherwise I would just get an OTA antenna and be happy with that.

shoot see the fleetwood mac concert on rave? i got an auto tune just to watch it set up every time it comes on, i would love some classic rock mhd :)

Sure I have seen Fleetwood Mac several times along with Peter Frampton, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Genesis are a few more of my favorites.

Just like rock, some of us just can't get enough horror. :eek:

And to iafirebuff, I was lucky enough to grow up in NYC. What could you expect from Waterloo? lol We got 7 channels on VHF. A few more if you start playing with that UHF loop antenna and that was in the 60's.

I'm new to dish and the forums but I would also love to see chiller come over. I love the movies of monster but chiller has all the series I used to watch. It would definately be a great addition. Hope the ears who matter are listening.

The chances of CHILLER on Dish is probably slim to none. If Charlie ain't interested, it won't happen. Listen, it took Dish five years to pick up Oxygen which is backed by the most successful broadcaster today, Oprah. Charlie's excuse was we already carry Lifetime and one woman's channel is enough. Only when Lifetime played hardball did he pick up O in case Lifetime jumped ship. Same with LOGO. It's been national and available on D and every major cable outlet across the USA for years now. Perhaps if they change the name to Chiller Sports Channel, it might slip in. Don't hold your breath for it.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll chime in to add my desire for Chiller to be added to the E* lineup. I agree that it would compliment MonstersHD nicely.
The focus on movies on one hand and horror television series on the other.
I would record heavily from both. With the implementation of folders and external storage it's even more appealing. I'd love to have folders full of my favorite old horror shows on my external drive. The horror genre has been raking in mega bucks at the theatres in recent years so it seems obvious that there's a large audience.

Per the other thread (the Monsters HD one..)

I *really* wish they would add this!!!

i have commented on this on another thread but i'll write it again i say add chiller and we'll call it even...

I can't understand what is taking so long for any provider other than D* to add this channel. Chiller advertises on Universal HD and says to call your cable or satellite provider. I have told Dish on every occasion I call them (which is often) to add Chiller. They say they will forward the comment to the programming dept. When I send them (E*) an email I get the generic response "We don't know if or when this channel will get added". Considering that the horror genre is very popular and that Chiller is a NBC Universal channel, what the &%#@! is taking them so long? Come on Dish!

I just emailed a request for it....maybe if they get enough requests it will get their attention.

I just sent them yet another email threatening to cancel and go back to D* if they don't get on the ball and add this channel withing the next month. I don't care if it's in high def, standard def, or low def (OK, not low def). I just want this channel.

I just sent them yet another email threatening to cancel and go back to D* if they don't get on the ball and add this channel withing the next month. I don't care if it's in high def, standard def, or low def (OK, not low def). I just want this channel.

I put in my request for CHILLER through that email form, but I didn't threaten them. I don't think threatening them is the proper response in this case. I know I wouldn't go out of my way to help anybody that threatened me about anything.

Be nice people, at this point, there's no need to threaten Dish just to add Chiller. Be respectful, and simply mention that you would like them to consider adding it, as you'd watch it all the time.

I put in my request for CHILLER through that email form, but I didn't threaten them. I don't think threatening them is the proper response in this case. I know I wouldn't go out of my way to help anybody that threatened me about anything.

Be nice people, at this point, there's no need to threaten Dish just to add Chiller. Be respectful, and simply mention that you would like them to consider adding it, as you'd watch it all the time.

I have been sending them "nice" emails and phone calls for months. When I "threatened" them about leaving, it was done in a polite and respectable manner. I was not rude. I probably would not leave over this issue. But I am finding out that when you are nice and polite, they don't take you as seriously. This channel has been on the air for over a year and should have been added by now. I am slightly peeved and would just like them to know how I feel about it without getting rude or mean.

As far as I can tell, this channel is only available on D*. I wonder if Universal (????) is charging big $$$ for it. Regardless, I'd really like to see it added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts