China CCTV 4 can not get good signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gary8939

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
who know why recently we can not get good signal from CCTV 4, it use galaxy3c?

It was down quite a bit here for the last few days (down to 30% from its usual 60% on my Star Choice 60e), and earlier today when I checked it was still at 30%. However, I just checked now, and it is back up to 60%.

They must have got new batteries at the uplink!

I observed the same thing. My fixed dish pointing at 95 was ok but motorized one lost CCTV signal from time to time recently.
Probably there was some weakness in the signal strength and a not perfectly pointed dish might lose signal. I know my motorized setup was not perfectly tracking the arc.

It was down quite a bit here for the last few days (down to 30% from its usual 60% on my Star Choice 60e), and earlier today when I checked it was still at 30%. However, I just checked now, and it is back up to 60%.

They must have got new batteries at the uplink!

So, what did we learn?
Guys with small dishes suffered the most.

So, maybe it's true what they say:
Size really matters.

. . . especially in FTA ! - :D

And people wonder why I suggest 36" dishes to newbies?
But won't 30" dishes work?
Sure, but . . .

I noticed on my 12 footer Dish for the Olympics CCTV4 on Ku Band on 95.0W in August was up to Quality of approx 85% up here, then right after that as Keith has suggested the Quality dropped a lot. But now with the recent continuous manned space flight coverage its back to about 75% Quality - at least uphere in the middle of Canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)