Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting, up top it states: free shipping, but toward the end it says:

Terms of Trade
1. FOB Shenzhen
2. EX-WORK Dongguan
3. Use your own express account

I think WSI is still listing a 6' for $70+ shipping

Approach with caution because there are other almost identical offers on the site for 4 footers that come to $200 shipped. Read some of the negative reviews for the dishes and they say the seller tries to raise the price before shipping.

I ordered some stuff from China on fleabay one time! Ask me how that worked out? "Not too good!" Took 3 weeks to get the stuff and if that wasn't bad enough, half of it didn't work and they wanted me to return it at MY expense? Nah, since then when I do a search on fleabay for stuff I specify US Only and NO currency conversion to avoid getting caught up in that trap again.

And cloning is now paid for with US dollars, but only for body parts. Bet it is exactly a WSI 6 foot C Band dish...minus the decal and proper paint and iodized bolts. Hey, I'll sell the next free C Band dish I get for $800, guaranteed to work; but shipping is extra...

And cloning is now paid for with US dollars, but only for body parts. Bet it is exactly a WSI 6 foot C Band dish...minus the decal and proper paint and iodized bolts.

LOL! You have got to be kidding us!

So satellite dishes are now clones?
I know a few dish importers who use the same factory that we OEM with. Are they clones? NO! These dish importers OEM their own brand and model. These importers do not represent their product as GEOSATpro or use our model or quality of hardware or finish.
:dead

The units that come from the same factory with another brand, model and customer experience are OEM manufacturing models and I would never consider them to be clones......

So sorry big guy, am I confusing you without literary consistantcy?

So then, if I called it private labeling, would that be consistant enough? Or how about just buying something from somebody else that is the same thing? Factories that clone products are shut down all the time in China, how is it I could know where what comes from? Cloning is a word of legality; it is illegal; yet legally, though it is not "cloning" in such is the term "cloning"; it still is the same product, but with a different naming convention applied through legally available "words". But if you took the definition of both words, I'll bet they would have very similar answers.

And what about my saying but cloning body parts is ok; would that shut down the stealing of body parts needed by Doctors around the world? Would that make body parts readily available for less? If you needed a liver, and were gonna die if you didn't get one, and you could not get one fast enough, what would then be legal if, by some chance, you could make your own cloning machine and had a matching person that says "pay me; but only clone my liver"? Same thing, isn't it, one word means another, by defining it yourself

To me, it is not price that drives me, money and costing is very boring and easy. Challenges, however, are not, and today, finding out what is true about anything is almost the only challenge left. Do I have to know who it is that sells me what, no. Do I care who it is? Yes. And if I have to pay 10.00 less for the same thing, what is the difference, it is gonna cost me 10.00 just to go pick up my mail. If one product is another with everything the same except a different name, why offer it for less, sideways, like a snake in the grass acting like it puts himself out of business if people do not buy it, and really must offer the same thing, as different, for less, is youself. Do you compete with yourself this way? Do you know how many people have bought a FTA dish system, and have never even attempted to put it up, with or without pro help? Do you know how many people really could not ever put it up themselves? I bet dish network knows how many of their customers never have or cannot. So, did you know I tricked you into telling the truth about branding, by psycologically implying something about something I did not know, but you answered when you got mad, and in your own incense; at my word; "cloning"; I abused you?

I do not intend to bash you, big guy. Just make sure you get it right and pay them patent guys; you'll find they can put you out of business by patenting for someone else, who will make a longer lasting, better, higher quality product for the same price...

And if you break down the satellite business; my hands and skills are worth more each and every product you sell that get into the hands of your customers. And products that work after my hands deal with their task costs more than a product sells for; it is how I flow by Contractor Law; and what isn't true about what I say would put me out. That is why I only challenge myself to find out the truth about anything, no matter how challenging it may become...Bet you could sell it without us; but I bet you wouldn't last long with inferior, labor only, low cost, non-experienced, resultants...

Last edited:
Sorry if my attempt to educate members on the realities of OEM manufacturing is offending anyone. Please note that I haven't been tricked onto providing any information or new revelations.... This is the same soapbox where I have often stood, delivering the same message. :dead

In recent years, many distributors are selling OEM products with only branding and false specifications differentiating their product from their competitor. There is little investment on the part of these distributors in developing a better product. The cheap shot is when the only way that a distributor can increase their market share is through marketing BS and calling the competitor's OEM product a clone. The reality is... the distributors are typically using the same factories to OEM these products with their only investment being the label design. The printed specifications on these products are provided by the distributor, not the factory.

Unfortunately, I am observing several well intending members being duped into being the mouthpiece for this marketing BS. Don't be fooled and put your credibility on the line based on false information. Plenty of public record sources out there if anyone wants to know the true product origin.

The inside joke:
Distributor to the factory representative, "What is the gain, stability and NR of your LNBF?" The factory rep replies, "What do you want us to print?"

Last edited:
you'll find they can put you out of business by patenting for someone else
Unless they patent a clone. Or patent is a clone. Or clone is a patent. The math is tricky, but physics stands strong in that relationship. :eek:

Speaking of clones, the term usually means an attempt to manufacture a lower quality cheaper copy of a popular brand name product, which is sticked with the same brand name label, or has some resemblance with the original in appearance and distinctive "selling" features. "Quality" here is a cumulative term, that you covered in your other posts so well. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.