*Choice multi reciever question

akowcenuk

Dec 12, 2008
I have reviewed the articles and still have a question regarding Star Choice. I live in a condo in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. I have a line strung from the dish on the roof of the building to my unit. I have 2 recievers and they are the DSR505 HD and the DSR 317. I am try to connect both my receivers to the one line that I have coming into the condo. How do I do this? I have been reading about splitters and multi- switches and I am confused. Not a techinical person at all. Would appreciate the help as I told the only thing I can do is pay for another line to be brought down from the roof? Is this true or are they trying to get more moola out of me?

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2008
They probably do want your moola, but they are correct you do need a second line brought in. You cannot multi-switch one line into two. You could get an A/B switch where only one receiver would be active at one time but this is not normally recommended.

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2008
Splitters work fine for cable but not for satellite. You would need a mutli-switch like the one in the attached picture which requires 4 inputs and will give you 8 outputs to properly get more feeds avaiable from your *C LNB. The 4 feeds are needed because you must have one of each of the following 13V no tone, 13V with a 22KHz tone, 18V no tone & 18V with a 22KHz tone. Once the multi-switch has all 4 it can only then properly spilt these into 8 or if you get a larger switch 16 out.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 106

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts