Choice Ultimate ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
OK now that D* has the Choice Ultimate package for $68.99, which includes the Encore Channels,TMC's and Sundance.
My Question is ,
Since this base pack comes with Encore, Does that mean Starz is Discounted to like Half Price?
Does this mean you can't get Encore with the Choice Extra Pack, even with the Starz Pack?

Because,
Choice Ultimate with Starz Super pack Cost $81.98
Choice Extra with Starz Super Pack Cost $ $76.98

So Why would anyone want Choice Ultimate?
Because of TMC,TMC West, Sundace.? These are worth $5?

OK now that D* has the Choice Ultimate package for $68.99, which includes the Encore Channels,TMC's and Sundance.
My Question is ,
Since this base pack comes with Encore, Does that mean Starz is Discounted to like Half Price?
Does this mean you can't get Encore with the Choice Extra Pack, even with the Starz Pack?

Because,

:eek:

My Question is ,

Because,

Don't forget about: Holidays & Happenings, Italian Bistro Blend, and
Tranquility. :rolleyes:

Did they take CBS College Sports out of the ChoiceXtra pack?

If they do have the Encores still in the Starz SuperPak, wouldn't it cost the Choice Ultimate customers to downgrade back to ChoiceXtra?

I think it is a nice option for people that don't have HD and want some movice channels but don't way to carry a $12 premium. $5 for Encore/TMC is decent. For me personally, I don't watch much SD anymore, so I wouldn't do it. If they get a few more Encore's in HD I may consider it when I don't carry a premium.

Obviously if you have Starz there is no reason to carry Ultimate unless you really want just TMC as an addon.

My Question is ,

Because,

short answer no

Long Answer,

Based on caller trends most people like to keep starz because of encore. So we listen and put in a package with encore.

All Premiums stay the same priced no matter the duplication in programing.

Surprisingly Choice Ultimate has started to take on with the older crowd who likes the westerns channel on encore. It is a great selling and promotion tool

Don't forget about: Holidays & Happenings, Italian Bistro Blend, and
Tranquility. :rolleyes:

Did they take CBS College Sports out of the ChoiceXtra pack?

If they do have the Encores still in the Starz SuperPak, wouldn't it cost the Choice Ultimate customers to downgrade back to ChoiceXtra?

No unlike Dish Network we dont charge a fee for downgrading ... As choice Ultimate is not considered a premium. so the 30 day rule of premiums do not apply

Yeah, I changed from Ult back to Xtra real easy, since I already had the superpack. When my 90 day promotion is up, Im gonna dump showtime and keep paying for Starz.

I always liked the programming change freedom Directv's website allowed over Dish's.

OK, since its the subject and I don't want to interrupt, but I have the choiceXtra and all premiums. It looks like it costs the same if I were to get the ultimate that includes the premiums, no? I also have HD and DVR service

Stone Cold. If you were a betting man, do you think more HD will be coming to the ultra pack (encore) when d12 goes live?

And I'm in the 3rd month of my 12 month $26 off per month promo - can i switch to ultimate pack and retain that promo.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.