choppy recordings with USB stick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I tried to record a couple of programs tonight with a 1GB memory stick. The recordings started out looking good but after a couple of minutes the recordings were extremely choppy. The thumbdrive is formatted FAT32. The video is bad when playing back on my PC also. Could it be a defective thumbdrive? The first program was a 1 hour program that I set with a timer and the second one I used the RECORD button on the remote. Whe I used the RECORD button on the remote, I watched the video as it was being recorded and the video looked good but the playback sucked. BTW, the Azbox rebooted when trying to use the RECORD button on the remote to start/stop the recording. Firmware 3877.

What was the bitrate of the stream? Or how big was the file?

Azbox has known issues with high bitrate streams.

Try to record history or bio for and hour and see if it plays back.

What was the bitrate of the stream? Or how big was the file?

Azbox has known issues with high bitrate streams.

Try to record history or bio for and hour and see if it plays back.

Bitrate is 18477. File size was about 315 MB for the 1 hour recording. The other recording was about 5 minutes but I don't recall the file size. I've erased both recordings.

I guess not all USB sticks are created equal. My 1GB PNY gave choppy audio/video while the 8 GB PNY worked fine.

Yeah, anything below a 20k bitrate should be OK. And no, not all thumb drives are equal.
I have several. Some are very fast, some fast, and one is a complete dog. Even though it states it's usb-2 but it functions at a usb-1 12Mbps speed.

I find my 2.5" travel drive gives the best results.

Things still aren't working right. I get much better video on this 8 GB stick but the recordings stop at random times and it causes me to do a hard reboot of the Azbox each time to make the Azbox work properly again. Very irritating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)