Christmas Music Fans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryanogorman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
For all you guys that love Christmas Music..... DirecTv has already started 24hr Christmas Music on Holidays & Happenings on Ch815

And to everyone that has been installed recently, this channel is broadcast on the 119, so if you have an SL3 / SWM3/ DSWM, you will need to call in for an upgrade.
Wonder how many would actually have a dish changed out JUST so they can get this Christmas music ?

And to everyone that has been installed recently, this channel is broadcast on the 119, so if you have an SL3 / SWM3/ DSWM, you will need to call in for an upgrade.
Actually, for want of a better expression, its the "early bird" Christmas music beginning right after Halloween that is only on the 119W satellite. Usually after Thanksgiving the H&H music channel is mirrored on one of the 101W satellites as well so everyone may enjoy it.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Actually, for want of a better expression, its the "early bird" Christmas music beginning right after Halloween that is only on the 119W satellite. Usually after Thanksgiving the H&H music channel is mirrored on one of the 101W satellites as well so everyone may enjoy it.

My wife says it switched from Halloween music to Christmas music at 6pm local (AZ Time) the night of the 31st.

That I think is too early, they could of waited a few more hours till midnight

My wife says it switched from Halloween music to Christmas music at 6pm local (AZ Time) the night of the 31st.

That I think is too early, they could of waited a few more hours till midnight
I think that's the reason DIRECTV won't simulcast the H&H channel on the 101W satellites until after Thanksgiving to satisfy both camps. For the few early birds that want the Christmas music now (like my sister who loves it) they can receive it off the 119W satellite as a niche programming. However, for the mainstream like you and maybe your wife who think it's too early and/or aren't in the mood for it yet, most don't have access to 119W, so aren't bothered by it since they can't receive H&H at the moment anyhow.

Wonder how many would actually have a dish changed out JUST so they can get this Christmas music ?
I did that last year, but by the time I got my dish upgraded, the holiday music had already started on the 101 satellite. I do not subscribe to Holidays & Happenings (I have the Family package) and I am not home to check right now. Could someone tell me if channel 815 is a free preview, or do I have to wait for the simulcast on the 101 satellite?

I get the 119 with the Extra package and it's not included. I think you have to have the Ultimate package to get 815 before Thanksgiving.

I'm suddenly thanking God that that channel doesn't show up on my system where I'm at in Cleveland, OH. Bad enough every store I walk into is playing that stuff. By that time Christmas comes around I'm going to be so sick and tired of Christmas music. There's only so many renditions of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells you can listen to until you go crazy.

Oh, and the attached image below sums up my feelings on this subject.

Attachments

• december-fat-boy-this-month-is-for-my-holiday.jpg
    december-fat-boy-this-month-is-for-my-holiday.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 163
If you have XM radio and you can't wait for Christmas music then XM has it on channel 13 and 18.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)