Music Choice returning this week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This would be cool if it worked.

First I don’t have a channel 800 in the guide. It goes 799 to 801. No big deal, I type in 800 and it does go to the channel. It’s just a DirecTV logo, much like an RSN off the air, but no music. However after a few MINUTES, yes several... eventually it came up. Maybe because I never used it before it needed time to download. I’ll have to see if it comes up faster next time.

Though where the video should be playing, it’s just a big grey rectangle. Oh the screen saver just came on as I’m typing this. Anyway no video or audio, though text does appear to change under the video area. On the right side the artists just played section updates as well. There’s just no audio and video.

Once they get the bugs worked out I will enjoy this feature. I enjoy I heart radio so I will like this. The music videos do work just fine on the iPhone app. The channels stream great over Bluetooth streaming in the car. Much better quality audio than SiriusXM. Between Bluetooth audio streaming and HDRadio, I let my SiriusXM trial lapse.

I wanted to add that trying this hosed the whole System. I couldn’t get out. I was hitting exit many times and channel up, nothing. Eventually it did go back to the direcTV logo and I hit guide but it was just a light grey left side, dark gray right side. Basically the background of the guide. No text or anything. Nothing worked. I turned it off and on and now the screen just flashes and it shows a DirecTV logo and it says connecting... with an animated bar under it. So now I got nothing. It’s late, I’m laying in bed anyway so I think i’ll just go to bed and try in the morning.

I got up and tried it on the hr44. Just for kicks, internet speed test shows past 4K capability, as it should with my 75/7 mbps cable modem. I accessed it through tv apps. Instead of a grey box where video should be, it was blank for 5 seconds and then it said “we’re sorry hit list seems to be having technical difficulties”. I tried other stations and it said the same thing (except it replaced the station name). I tried some music videos, similar kind of technical difficulties screen. I tried an audio channel, and while it showed the traditional music choice graphics like they have on cable, it reverted to the technical difficulties screen. On the client it would stay on these graphics and cycle them through, just no audio.

So I tried to exit the app. The whole system froze. It brought up the background colors of the guide with a frozen image of the previous channel in the upper left. No sound from that previous channel and no button would do anything. I vacuumed our whole living room and dining room, plus our stairs. Came back and the system was STILL FROZEN. Folks, this is why I don’t do CE anymore. I’m sick of the software instability. I’m not in CE, since the new GUI came on its own, I never ran the edgecutter keyword. System was stable until software 1088 came out this week. Retention is going to hear from me. I have a $25 a month credit expiring this month and they better put it back between this and on demand freezing, buffering or not loading on my Ethernet hardwired 75/7 connection.

HR44 froze again at the end of a dvr playback. RBR it a few hours ago. Figured I would try Music Choice again. I’m on a c60 client right now and it’s working well now. If it continues to work well this is awesome. You can search for anything and play it. Not only are there music video channels, the cable like music choice audio only channels feature the info screens like I was expecting this whole time.

I watched two videos back to back in full screen mode. Now after the second video, it’s just a grey screen. So it’s still unstable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)