Ravens fans shut out off Sunday's game

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
One again DTV's refusal to include frequently shared locals comes back to bite Ravens fans in Central and Western Maryland from seeing their favorite team. We must take only the DC stations and the game is only being broadcast to those with Baltimore stations. I live closer to Baltimore then DC and am in the middle of a hotbed of Raven fans. The ruling also shuts out bars who pay dearly for the Sunday Ticket programming. Those with Comcast in my area will be able to watch, as Comcast does have the frequently shared channels and provides both Baltimore and DC feeds. DTV can say what they want, but they ARE allowed to broadcast FSC and simply refuse to.

Reactions: montg33
I would suggest a "move" about 15 - 20 miles north of your present location in order to view the Ravens game. However, there will be those on this board that will state that a "move" as I proposed will violate some terms and conditions of DTV's contract so I will just put the idea in your head. It is indeed unfortunate that both DTV and Dish do not carry the Significantly Viewed locals that the cable companies do.

Why did they stop? I used to get Greensboro CBS on Directv. It was nice as WRAL was doing some serious censorship of words they deemed "naughty".

More than likely it's a contract thing.

Good time to have an OAT antenna ....

Interestingly there was no mention of this problem the first few weeks of the season.

The bars and people in those counties don't have access to Yahoo? Granted, I think that's a stupid way to watch a game, but that's that sad state of where we're going.

More than likely it's a contract thing.

Good time to have an OAT antenna ....

Interestingly there was no mention of this problem the first few weeks of the season.
Even the best indoor OTA will not pick up any channels in my location. It was not mentioned earlier, because there was not a problem earlier. Every location has there own problems. If you are not in the Baltimore or Jacksonville area, you are not watching this game unless you stream. Maybe you should not start throwing stones until you know all the details.

Even the best indoor OTA will not pick up any channels in my location. It was not mentioned earlier, because there was not a problem earlier. Every location has there own problems. If you are not in the Baltimore or Jacksonville area, you are not watching this game unless you stream. Maybe you should not start throwing stones until you know all the details.
Sorry you don't like my answer, but its , probably a CONTRACTUAL thing.

ps, I'll try to reme,mber not to respond to any of your posts if thats what you want.

Interesting that NO ONE mentioned that it is a game thats played in LONDON.

Thats the stupid rules that were agreed upon with the NFL ...
Why its not on Local as well as the ST, is beyond me.

Reactions: Tampa8
Interesting that NO ONE mentioned that it is a game thats played in LONDON.

Thats the stupid rules that were agreed upon with the NFL ...
Why its not on Local as well as the ST, is beyond me.

Stop throwing stones. :raspberry

You actually were very close to figuring it out when you said there was no problem prior.

Sorry you don't like my answer, but its , probably a CONTRACTUAL thing.

ps, I'll try to reme,mber not to respond to any of your posts if thats what you want.
You can do what you want in regards to my posts. I just find it interesting that you think I should have been able to foresee the problem and mention it before it occured.

Along time ago we were getting cleveland locals and my dad is a big ohio state fan a we have dtv we change our service address to my brothers address in Columbus area so we could watch their locals and my brother didn't have dtv at the time.

You can do what you want in regards to my posts. I just find it interesting that you think I should have been able to foresee the problem and mention it before it occured.
My post would have been different had I realized it was a game in London as the NFL has different rules for them ... sorry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)