Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
Hi There

I am pretty new to FTA and still feeling my way around from my location at 47 lat and 52 long I have been having success picking up some stuff , but i was interested in checking out Chuck Harder as ne seems to have some interesting topics going on. His web site says AMC4 TP 6 freq 11.807 Pol H and SR 2713 and I can't get a signal there but get a couple of otheres on that bird.

Anyone shed any light on this?

Dave

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Chuck used to be there but has stopped braodcasting some time ago, Think you can still listen to the show on IA-7 129w

http://www.starnetwork.tv/

Last edited:
Thanks Pete

Thats too bad as I originally seen the post you made about him and looked up his web site but I'm not going to get IA 7 at my location. By the way since I got you my dish is a 1M Starchoice or STar 100 and it is exactly the same as the winegard dish a question I have is the LNBF holder that came with it is large like a beer can Istyle i think its called, got any suggestiong about what to use as an insert to hold the regular LNBF or just a piece of foam.

Thanks again
Dave

ah yes. That is the "flashlight" LNB...the one that is larger than the regualr ones :)

The beer cans are smaller and are 2 of them

To fill in the space, if you have foam that would work. I usually do the red green style and wrap duct tape around the throat to fill it in (make sure to put the 1st wrap around the throat sticky side out...save the "gumminess" of the tape if you need to remove it :)

Hard to visualise, any digital pictures? If its an old beer can style LNB you may be able to upgrade to a new low noise LNB.

I usually crack open my LNB's that I am trying to retro fit to some dish, the neck of most LNB's are 20mm when you remove the casing.

I have also used foam and wood to make them fit :)

Pete
I'm using a new LNBF it is just the holder the clamp is too big, I guess its not a big dealas I did use a bit of foam around it but was wondering if anyone had a more secure way. That Red Green trick won't let it slip out for sure.

Dave

I am listening to Chuck Harder now on IA7 11989H/2.821. He is only on audio 2, no video.
Happy to have him back. The satellite audio sure beats the shortwave signal he was on in the 90's.

Pete
Here is what the "flashlight" LNB look like. They see one satellite and the coax plugs stick stright out...it uses a 50mm holder (versus standard 40mm)

The Beer can ones were for both satellites. Off the LNB eye they veer out in a "v" and 1/2 way along there are 2 "beer cans" on them. These hook to a 2x2 multiswitch

Attachments

• lnbfFlash.jpg
    lnbfFlash.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 168
Yeh
That looks like the clamp I have and the dish spcs are word for word with the winegard 1m, don't know if sadoun sells those holders.

Dave

oh boy...I don't know. Because they sell Fortec dishes, it probably won't work (Winegard dishes use 2 screws for the holder to mopunt to the arm...fortecs have one

PSB...The "flashlight" LNB is a bout as big as a Primestar LNB (the back end part where the cables get hooked into)...think of it all the way up to the feedhorn that size :)

So THAT'S what that larger LNBF holder included with my Winegard dish was for! I wonder if the larger holder will work with a C-band LNB...

nope...the C-band LNB is bigger than 60mm. I have a holder when I bought my C-band dish that fits 40-60mm throats and my C-Band LNB didnt fit

Tron
Get longer screws and you may be able to jerry rig it

I am doing that with my Primstar Dish.....I gutted a LNB but the top holder doesnt go all the way down to the plate...so I have to make sure both sides are screwed down just right so its even

Chuck is now own talkstar radio network, you can receive it on "Starnetwork" on IA-7. but it is just on the audio subcarrier. Star network is a pretty good channel if you like really old movies.

Iceberg said:
Tron
Get longer screws and you may be able to jerry rig it

I am doing that with my Primstar Dish.....I gutted a LNB but the top holder doesnt go all the way down to the plate...so I have to make sure both sides are screwed down just right so its even
That sounds like it would work very well! Want to get the LNB(F) as close to optimal position as possible.

Hi
I had a look at his website and under Free To Aia and then Start Up I seen info on broadcast on AMC 4 but when I emailed their Technical prrson he said they had no contract with AMC 4, anyway IA 7 is only .5 deg el from where I am and I don't think it will happen.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts