Chuck Season 1 BD PQ issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I got the first season of Chuck on BD for Christmas, and am watching some of it now. I am really surprised by how crappy the picture quality is. It is consistently grainy, and nowhere as crisp as the weekly episodes (which I usually watch on Dish, occasionally OTA).

Granted its NBC, which in my mind, is the worst at HD of any of the networks, but I expected more in the Blu-ray.

See, I don't think it is usually grainy. I"ll pay more attention once the season resumes, but my recollection of the episodes this season have been crystal clear PQ -- in fact, given all the eye candy, anything less would be unacceptable.

yeah i dont have the br (though i love the show) one reason is i have read several reveiws saying the pq is bad

Yeah, I am very disappointed with it. My son kept commenting on it while we were watching. You knows its bad when the 11 year old is saying "Is this HD?"

You knows its bad when the 11 year old is saying "Is this HD?"

Like your son, I often said the very same thing to myself during the live broadcasts, but only certain episodes; some looked OK. But overall, compared to Heroes that follows, Chuck's PQ was definitely lacking. There seems to be some improvement this year.

Heroes is the same way. While catching up on BR I was not very happy with the PQ, not impressed with it live in HD OTA now either.

I haven't watched much of it yet, but I thought the Heroes Season 1 HD DVDs looked good. I got them for $15 a few weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)