Churn and Burn!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will be dropping Dish in two or three months once I finish the work on my house. I can get most of the same channels plus hd locals with my 942 (that i bought last Nov. and thay told me would get get hd locals) for about the same money. At least for the first year. Also I can get internet twice as fast for less money than I am paying Pac-Bell or is it SBC or mabye Bell South no I think this week it's AT&T. Plus no contract.

I have to agree with dragon on his assessment of the post. If it was just spelling errors, that's one thing, but the posters comments were almost incomprehensible.
He could have been a little nicer about it maybe, but he has a valid point.

Ryan

moqz1001 said:
local in to local who gives a crap? that shows your lack of iq.

which bird, hhmmmmm why not do research ,, they had redo another and launch it 6 months late

and you sir a liar, cause ud be the only one whose r15 is working fine 100% as u claimed

now on to the hddvr & hmc & pro, o yes 2400 hundred bucks for an hmc and 500 for a dvr and god knows how much for the pro, that will not be able to view and record every signal out there, amongst who knows what they convienetly leave out

and of course they will make new models yearly, conviently leave features out that are needed to be able used today, wont be able to software ugrade that feature into the units,

and will have keep sell/lease new stuff all the time, directv is supposed be a service, they are tryin make more profit on equipment than on channels or etc

and you obviously are one of the many,"who cares, company lies o well" sorry i dont go for that, im old school, hand shake and what i say is my bond, not new schooll of lies and excuses

IS THIS JUST ME, OR DOES HE SOUND LIKE A 5 YR OLD ON A TEMPER TAMTRUM, AND YES I MENT TO DO THIS IN ALL CAPS TO GET EVERYONES ATTENTION.

dragon002 said:
jay,

at least vurbano and guffy are coherent and can actually make sentences! this guy is a moron.
I thought you would have had a long conversation with him for some reason. LOL:D

vurbano said:
I thought you would have had a long conversation with him for some reason. LOL:D

see what i mean guys. at least vurbano et al, can make sense.

you know what he is talking about. even if HE doesnt.:rolleyes:

dragon002 said:
put the crack pipe down,...........
The pot calling the kettle black? Im not sure about your personal drug use but didnt you complain about personal attacks? This is the worst one Ive seen in this thread.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
The pot calling the kettle black? Im not sure about your personal drug use but didnt you complain about personal attacks? This is the worst one Ive seen in this thread.:rolleyes:

read his post vurby. he insulted in two posts before i fired back.

BTW, i like my bud lite, dont now nor never have done drugs.

dragon002 said:
as far as the HMC, scott g already posted 2 weeks ago it will probably cost 2400

Thats insane.:rolleyes:

dragon002 said:
read his post vurby. he insulted in two posts before i fired back.

BTW, i like my bud lite, dont now nor never have done drugs.

He called you a liar. I guess its a thin line. He does have an arguement though. Apparently the D* fanboys like yourself cant see PQ problems. Must be a special pair of glasses they forgot to mail some of us. You have admitted to keeping your mouth shut about the lease upgrade fee during installs and keeping many new subs in the dark. Maybe this guy is one of your installs? ;)

I jumped ship and went to Comcast in January becuase my HR10-250 died. This weekend while watching FoodTV with the wife I said "Man, that looks like sh*t!" and she said how much she hated cable and missed TiVo (not DVR, TiVo) soI went to CompUSA and bought a 250GB disk and PTVUpgrade and got the HR10-250 instant cake ... I am back on board, with less HD, but our overall PQ is much better. It is actually better then when we switched.

Vurbano can still side with the incoherent babblings. I am afraid things are worse for him than we imagined. Even Darth Vader in the end returned from the Dark Side. I am not a religious man but I will pray for V today.

I absolutely love when people say my receivers don't work. I have had an r-15 since December and I have not had a problem with it yet. I have had the h-20 since January, and agsin, no problems. It is a poor musician that blames his instruments. It may boil down to two facts:

1. My installer knew what he was doing and installed my dish correctly.
2. I know how to work the equipment.

I think the people here that bash D*, E*, or their cable are just looking for free stuff. God forbid you pay for anything. I lost my picture for two minutes the other night because of very heavy thunderstorms, I did not call D* for 3 free months of HBO. If you don't like your service, drop it. If you don't drop it, shut up. Nobody cares about you.

bgilga said:
I absolutely love when people say my receivers don't work. I have had an r-15 since December and I have not had a problem with it yet. I have had the h-20 since January, and agsin, no problems. It is a poor musician that blames his instruments. It may boil down to two facts:

1. My installer knew what he was doing and installed my dish correctly.
2. I know how to work the equipment.

I think the people here that bash D*, E*, or their cable are just looking for free stuff. God forbid you pay for anything. I lost my picture for two minutes the other night because of very heavy thunderstorms, I did not call D* for 3 free months of HBO. If you don't like your service, drop it. If you don't drop it, shut up. Nobody cares about you.

gee,

your h-20 and r-15 BOTH work. man you are a bigger liar than i am:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I remember when I was thankful to pay $800 to own my new HD TiVo and then to pay D* extra to give me the "HD package."

Although I got all excited about the "lease" program, it does not affect me yet. But, I thought, if it did, what would I do with my "owned" or "leased" equipment if I did have another fit and left D* for Comcast? I'd put it in a closet and probably never look at it again.

They will have to pry my HR10-250 from my cold, dead fingers. I do not need MPEG 4-I just want to keep what we have as long as we can.

Well, that conversation took a turn. I'm not feeling the love down here in Florida! :D

I hope my picture quality is good with cable, but if it isn't I will tell em to take it back that day. I will find out on Saturday. :yes

As I said in my opening statement, I love DTv and Tivo, but I'm just frustrated with costs and limited HD offerings. Hopefully in the future they will have their FCC problems with Local Channels ironed out, they will change their pricing structure with the DVR's, and they will have their new sats up offering more HD signals. I'm stoked about switching to cable because I hate when a company tries to stick it to you and is arrogant enough to think their customers will fork over the dough and don't have any options. Kind of like the cable company use to be.

p.s. I'm not lying or taking recreational pharmaceuticals, I only do that on Friday's! :bounce

Also I read somewhere that ESPN only broadcasts in 720 because there is too much action and a higher res, like 1080, doesn't look good. True? Not true? I don't know, it sounds reasonable.

Thanks Mike.
Liberty and HD for all! :usa

Last edited:
MikeDude said:
Also I read somewhere that ESPN only broadcasts in 720 because there is too much action and a higher res, like 1080, doesn't look good. True? Not true? I don't know, it sounds reasonable.

Thanks Mike.
Liberty and HD for all! :usa

Yes, I believe it is true. 720p is 60 frames per second progressive, while 1080 is 30 frames interlaced. 1080 provides double the resolution but at half the frame rate vs. 720. So ESPN went the higher framerate route to provide smoother broadcasts of sports programming.

NBC recently broadcast the olympics in 1080, and it was mostly fine except during camera pans on the ice skating and so forth, when I could clearly see some ghosting and blurring. 720 would have been better (especially because my TV is 720 anyway :D )

Can someone please answer a couple of simple questions for me...

1. If I go "buy" an HD-DVR at BB today and hook it up..do I own it?

2. If I shut off the equipment I know I own now...but then re-activate, do I own it?

This "lease" program has me looking seriously at Cable for the first time in 8 years...and I never thought I would say that. Our local cable company sucks...I mean really, really sucks...but it's looking like a real alternative as I want to get and HD-DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts