Ciel-2 Signal Monitoring

I'm seeing three spot beams here in Northern California.
Transponder 2 is too weak to lock. Transponder 8 lists Reno Nevada locals. Transponder 10 lists Yakima Washington locals. I'm not sure why I would be seeing that one from Northern California unless those channels are just temporary until they put up the right locals.

I'm seeing three spot beams here in Northern California.
Transponder 2 is too weak to lock. Transponder 8 lists Reno Nevada locals. Transponder 10 lists Yakima Washington locals. I'm not sure why I would be seeing that one from Northern California unless those channels are just temporary until they put up the right locals.

Same here, I also have a spotbeam with the yakima locals, I'm guessing they are just testing with those until they have the correct uplinks ready.

Same here, I also have a spotbeam with the yakima locals, I'm guessing they are just testing with those until they have the correct uplinks ready.

Are you using the channel designations populated by TSReader? If so, remember about the bug in TSReader with multiple channels holding the same channel number. I first started seeing this with the spotbeams on 61.5 when they were reusing channel numbers in the 51xx range for different DMA's.

What TID are you seeing on that beam with the yakima locals?

A lot of tpns come back - told yeah I've seen today low levels, but now it come to high. Picture taken right now.

Attachments

• 129-RL-ciel2-2-11-09.JPG
    129-RL-ciel2-2-11-09.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 154
That makes more sense. So there is a problem with TSReader?
Yes, it cannot handle channels with duplicate SIDs correctly. There are several channels in the system with duplicate numbers, especially the HD locals between 5150 and about 5300. There are some there which have more than 20 duplicates as of today. TSReader only shows 1 for each of the numbers.

A lot of tpns come back - told yeah I've seen today low levels, but now it come to high. Picture taken right now.

I wonder why there are so many spot beams over Northern California? Like you, I'm now seeing signals on 10 spot beam transponders and can lock 9 of them.

Would be nice to have TID numbers, so we can speculate about which spots they are. :)

TP1 100% Null Pids
TP2 Can't get a good lock - signal too weak
TP3 100% Null Pids
TP5 4205 (0x106d)
TP7 100% Null Pids
TP8 4208 (0x1070)
TP9 100% Null Pids
TP10 4210 (0x1072)
TP13 4213 (0X1075)
TP15 4215 (0x1077)

Thanks.

Tp 1 Spot 16
Tp 2 Probably Spot 17
Tp 3 Spot 16
Tp 5 Spot 16 Chico-Redding warming up
Tp 7 Spot 16
Tp 8 Spot 32
Tp 9 Spot 16
Tp 10 Spot 32
Tp 13 Spot 32
Tp 15 Spot 32

I don't notice high signals strength from people reporting in the thread below for these spotbeams:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-post-your-129w-spotbeam-signal-readings.html

They're probably still tweaking the spotbeams but they don't really impress me that much. And I'm not talking about my area but in general.

Yes they are still tweaking the beams scheduled for next week. I noticed higher signal strengths today on the beams that just lit up yesterday.

Little shorter period - 1:18pm 2/11 to 7:35am 2/12; that missing interval didn't show any changes.
A lot of odd tpns has been turned on at 1:29pm 2/11.

Attachments

• 129W_24hrs_2-11-9.jpg
    129W_24hrs_2-11-9.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 98
I wonder why there are so many spot beams over Northern California? Like you, I'm now seeing signals on 10 spot beam transponders and can lock 9 of them.

Could they be testing a limited "western arc" MPEG4-only service on the left coast? They could squeeze 200+ MPEG4 SD channels into those extra spot beams covering only the west side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts