Ciel 2 Tracking

You are correct and using your example of tp2, it is reused on spot beams 13, 17, 25, 28, 41, 43, 54 and 55 (nine times reuse).
Just in case WB8GRS's remark wasn't clear, the transponder frequencies are what are being reused, not the physical transponder. Obviously you can't put different programming on different spots if the same physical transponder were feeding 9 different spots.

Edit: BTW I only count 7 reuses in your example with 8 spot beams.

Just in case WB8GRS's remark wasn't clear, the transponder frequencies are what are being reused, not the physical transponder. Obviously you can't put different programming on different spots if the same physical transponder were feeding 9 different spots.

Edit: BTW I only count 7 reuses in your example with 8 spot beams.

Good point on the frequency reuses, and your right, I missed spot #9.

There are also multiple uplink "spot beams". There are antennas pointed at different locations so the same uplink frequencies can be used over and over. Just like 32 downlink frequencies, there are 32 uplink frequencies that they have to use over and over.

Emulating Snoopy, the eye of the beagle can now peer intently into the night sky, awaiting movement of the great pumpkin...:)

Fitzie

Snoopy never believed in the Great Pumpkin, though he was once incorrectly thought to BE the Great Pumpkin.

The question: Will one of DISH's uplink centers be deemed sincere enough?

New TLE and still stationary.

CIEL-2
1 33453U 08063A 09007.27219369 .00000118 00000-0 10000-3 0 434
2 33453 0.0472 155.2377 0000488 186.1521 85.5537 1.00273906 301

I saw activity on both R and L transponders. I can't run mine for 24 hours. For some reason the program locks up if I leave it scanning for any period of time. I can't restart the program unless I reboot the computer.

Did check for a minute on each polarity one hour ago - nothing, no spikes, just noise. :(

Seems to me your PC require some troubleshooting. Using Dell WS 360 with XP I could run for days.

Did check for a minute on each polarity one hour ago - nothing, no spikes, just noise. :(

Seems to me your PC require some troubleshooting. Using Dell WS 360 with XP I could run for days.

It worked fine in my old Dell Pentium 3 computer. The problem started when I upgraded to an HP AMD dual core computer. The old computer had a built-in serial port. The new one didn't have a serial port. So I am using a USB to serial port converter. That may be my problem.

It worked fine in my old Dell Pentium 3 computer. The problem started when I upgraded to an HP AMD dual core computer. The old computer had a built-in serial port. The new one didn't have a serial port. So I am using a USB to serial port converter. That may be my problem.

Most modern motherboards have serial port headers, they just don't install the connectors on the board. You just need to get the 9-pin connector with the ribbon cable that plugs into the header. They usually put the connector in a PCI bracket so you can install it on the back.

Here's one from NewEgg, but I bet you could find a cheaper one.
12-191-092-01.jpg

Check your BIOS, there should be an option to turn it on or off if it's there.

They still put Parallel Port headers on too. I've got a Core 2 Quad system, but I could add both Serial and Parallel if I wanted.

Turbo HD only packages for existing?

Using on-screen Customer Service via phone line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts