For the records:

Launch Date: 12/10/2008

At test location 138W: 12/20/2008

Days between launch and arrival at test site: 10 Days

Left Test Site: 1/23/2009

Testing Time: Approximately 34 Days

Arrived at Station: 129W 1/28/2009

Travel Rate to Station: Approximately 2 degrees/day

nelson61, thanks for the log. Also thanks for all the great posts and links you provided for our use. 49 days, start to finish. Now it appears from the uplink thread the changeover has begun...:)

Best regards,
Fitzie

I'd like to add my thanks to Nelson61 and John H! :hatsoff:

BTW, I got Jens' tracking page to work in IE, but it won't work in Firefox.

Brad

Now it appears from the uplink thread the changeover has begun...:)
Say what? I don't think anybody has reported seeing any signals that couldn't still be coming from E5. Certainly nobody but hackers can see those n/a channels even if they did exist.

Say what? I don't think anybody has reported seeing any signals that couldn't still be coming from E5. Certainly nobody but hackers can see those n/a channels even if they did exist.

just becuase they have uplinked them doesn't mean they have started making them availble to use, but yes they have started addedin channels to ciel2...

I noticed they uplinked the dayton, oh locals in HD Yeah!!!!

Quite right. The currently latest uplink report shows some 44 HD channels (locals) uplinked to Ciel 2, all listed as "NA" (not available). That's a start...;)

Nothing is uplinked to the new satellite yet. Just data tables are getting ready for the bird when they do turn it on.

However with that said I am hearing they have a few days testing before they start transfering the load to the new bird. :)

I'd like to add my thanks to Nelson61 and John H! :hatsoff:

BTW, I got Jens' tracking page to work in IE, but it won't work in Firefox.

Brad

You should send a note to Jens. He replies!

Now we move on to Digiblur and the transponder gang with their high powered computers.

Nothing is uplinked to the new satellite yet. Just data tables are getting ready for the bird when they do turn it on.

However with that said I am hearing they have a few days testing before they start transfering the load to the new bird. :)

Thanks Scott, always glad to hear the latest! Should one assume a few days is less than 4?

Thanks again,
Fitzie

Well, I wouldn't say so. Using TSReader you could get pretty good understanding what's going on - when Digi had time he did some checks on those channels.

Trust me... we will know it when Ciel-2 is alive. The Oregon and Washington state users will let us know before anyone else notices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts