Ciel 2 Tracking

Well, depending on where you're at (I'm guessing you're either in the Omaha or Lincoln "area"). That is, you get your locals from either Omaha on Dish or from Lincoln/Kearney/Hastings. If that is the case, then we are *supposed* to be an eastern arc market, meaning that your HD locals will be on 61.5 and you won't need 129. Now, it looks like they may be putting some additional locals up on 129 for us, but if Dish does what is expected, those will also be available on 61.5 and you won't need 129. Nothing is saying you can't put up another dish to pick up 129 if you want to, but it looks like at this time Dish won't require it (nor will you need it).

I'm hoping they get those locals up soon. I've only seen the uplink listing on Ciel-2 for the NBC and Fox locals (I'm an hour west of Lincoln, BTW), but I've only been looking at this site for about a week. Hopefully, they put them on 61.5 soon. I'm sick of NBC and Fox in SD while I'm hearing that DirecTV has them.

I'm hoping they get those locals up soon. I've only seen the uplink listing on Ciel-2 for the NBC and Fox locals (I'm an hour west of Lincoln, BTW), but I've only been looking at this site for about a week. Hopefully, they put them on 61.5 soon. I'm sick of NBC and Fox in SD while I'm hearing that DirecTV has them.

Yeah...I feel your pain. I'm fortunate that I have an antenna and am in Lincoln, so I can pick up the Omaha channels in HD OTA. I would think that as soon as the new satellite is in use, they'll rearrange some things on 61.5 and put NBC and Fox on there in HD, too. It only makes sense... Hopefully that will be in the next couple of days.... :)

Yeah...I feel your pain. I'm fortunate that I have an antenna and am in Lincoln, so I can pick up the Omaha channels in HD OTA. I would think that as soon as the new satellite is in use, they'll rearrange some things on 61.5 and put NBC and Fox on there in HD, too. It only makes sense... Hopefully that will be in the next couple of days.... :)

I hope so, but one tech I talked to said within "a couple of weeks".

When I checked about 25 minutes ago, tps 2,3,4,6,7 & 9 are deader than dead, no signal at all, while others (24,25,26,27, etc) were in the mid-upper 40s.

This is pretty interesting...

Those low numbered tps are slow to give a signal, but they are working at same strength they have been for 3 days, I think that tp 1 to 16 are to be used for spotbeams.
Dan

When I checked about 25 minutes ago, tps 2,3,4,6,7 & 9 are deader than dead, no signal at all, while others (24,25,26,27, etc) were in the mid-upper 40s.

This is pretty interesting...

Hmm, anyone want to check if these are still on:

Whats on what (all HD):
TP 2: Denver HD locals
TP3: WGN, Planet Green, CBS College Sports, Encore, 2 of the Starz (351 and 352)
TP4: Atlanta and KC locals
TP6: NBA, TBS, Big10, some PPV
TP7: Smithsonian, MGM, WFN, CNBC, TWC, Travel, Actionmax
TP9: Nashville and Twin Cities, MN HD locals

TPs 1-16 on Ciel-2 are spots,

Those low numbered tps are slow to give a signal, but they are working at same strength they have been for 3 days, I think that tp 1 to 16 are to be used for spotbeams.
Dan

Exactly correct.

I checked the signal strength the same time as these reports, and the only difference is that E*5 is hitting lower troughs in the signal, probably due to being moved 0.2 degrees.

Sure looks like somethng is going on. Hooked up my spectrum analyzer and am seeing something different but that damn dishpro lnb frequency stacking has me confused. Going to hook up to another location where the sun does not bother me.

Sure looks like somethng is going on. Hooked up my spectrum analyzer and am seeing something different but that damn dishpro lnb frequency stacking has me confused. Going to hook up to another location where the sun does not bother me.

There, I do believe I am seeing a full 32 transponder spectrum. Yes absolutely positively!

!28W spectrum as of approx3:30 PM Central Time 1/28. Page 2 AM - Page 1 PM

Attachments

• Ciel 2 1-28-2008.pdf
    16.1 KB · Views: 428

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)