Cincinnati local channel HD nightmare!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
when I upgraded to my locals in HD I experience the exact same thing....Spent 6 hours calling and calling and finally got someone that knew what was going on....I can tell you there are reps out there that just don't know what they are doing.

I feel for the OP. That sounds like a VERY frustrating experience!

My experience to date:
With a small antenna I am able to pick up all the locals except ABC-9 in HD. However during very windy days I do experience some wide fluctuation in signal strength so I've been interested in getting my locals in HD via Dish. As with many I had no idea that they rolled out Cincy locals in HD. I called every now and again but could never get an answer other than "we don't know." It was only after reading this forum that I realized that were available. No email or snail mail to Cincy customers? That's weak. So this weekend I call and the CSR said they could install a wing dish. I explained I didn't want a 2nd dish and pushed for a 1000.4. She didn't even know what that was and transferred me to a teckie. Initially he told me that wouldn't work (said I was too far west) but put me on hold to check into it more. When he came back he said the 1000.4 would work. I asked if the fee could be waived and noted I was a long-term customer. He said sure but just before setting up the appt he said "Uh oh. The 1000.4 actually won't work for you unless you upgrade one of your receivers." While doing my homework I missed that the 1000.4 only works for VIP receivers. We have the VIP 611 AND a 311 in a bedroom. So no go on the 1000.4 unless I upgrade the 311. I told him I wanted to think about options but asked if he could note the fee waiver for when I called back. He said sure.

After thinking about my options I decided for the 2nd dish. I don't want to pay for a new receiver, don't want to move to DTV or cable & don't want to install a rooftop OTA. The wing dish sounded like the best option even though I still don't like the idea of two dishs on my roof. I called today and set up an appt for Sat. No fee and no 24-month commitment. I'm anxious to see if I've lost my locals in SD when I go home tonight. As mentioned, I have a small OTA antenna so I'll still have an option but the TV my wife uses relies solely on Dish for locals. If they aren't there for Grey's Anatomy, Oprah or any of those other shows she watches she'll be marching downstairs to mine (and that ain't a good thing!).

Hopefully no snags. We'll see.

My 722 hard drive is shot (after only a year--lot of stuff lost--including wife's whole season 5 of gray's anatomy!!), so I called tech support. He advised they would send out a tech to replace the 722. I asked "while I got you, what do I need to do to get 1000.4 or wing dish?" He recommended wing dish for more consistent signal strength. I advised homeowners association only allowed 1 external dish. He said, "no problem" and indicated they would provide 1000.4 at no cost, no increase in commitment. He said personally he didn't think Dish should charge for new dish that would be required to get services I'm paying for (Locals inHD). Install scheduled for Monday....Cross your fingers!

Just got my phone bill and realized when the installer came out WITHOUT the 1000.4 he called his office on my phone and incurred a long distance charge. I never use my phone for long distance so know it was him. Plus the date is when he was here. Pretty crappy to ask to use my phone because of his error, then make a long distance call without telling me. Guess I will jot off another letter to DN.
BTW: CBS is now in HD.

I had 1000.4 dish install today. Set up through Tech Support via phone (My 722 crashed and needed to be replaced, so since was sending someone out anyway, I asked about 1000.4). Was told "no problem" they would send out installer to switch out 722 and dish--no charge. Told them I needed 1000.4 since HOA doesn't allow two dishes.

Installer arrived and his work order was to add wing dish. My wife explained, and installer said "no problem" and hooked up 1000.4. I haven't checked my account online, but no one has said anything about $59 charge or two year commitment.

I haven't seen yet, but my wife told me there has been a couple times wcpo would pixellate or block (sorry--don't know the technical term). I want to see signal strength when I get home. What kind of signal strenght should I have for the various sats with a 1000.4 (No LOS issues--got a clear shot). Thanks...

I posted above about having an appointment to have a wing dish installed and thought I'd come back with the result.

The installer came within the time that Dish said he would come, installed the wing dish at no cost and no commitment. Works great. I also decided a few days later to swap out the 311 with a vip211 and Dish charged me $25 with a 2-year commitment. In doing so they gave me $10 off my bill each month for the next 12 months. Nice.

So many times we hear about the bad CRs or botched jobs I thought I'd report about something that went right with good customer service.

1000.4 installation charge

My call for the 1000.4 install: Dish will upgrade for free with a 24 mos. committment. $59.95 without extension of contract. This is for existing customers. Always a surprise as to what you will hear. For now, I will be content with viewing my local HD's with my rooftop antenna. Just not ready to commit to 2 more years. But IMO, same experiences with Direct. I've dealt with them for my mother's and my son's install. Sad, but tis our world today.

Called back today. An unbelievable wonderful experience. A knowledgable tech support! The 1000.4 comes Monday with no charge, no new committment! I pray the install goes well also.;)

So many times we hear about the bad CRs or botched jobs I thought I'd report about something that went right with good customer service.

I am glad you are happy with Dish. My nightmare STILL continues. DN had to return to realign the 1000.4 since it was not locking in on the 61.5 signal. Date was set. Date came and went with no installer showing up. Called DN and discovered the work order never went through. Had another date set. Suppose to come between noon and 5 pm. By 5:45 I called DN and spoke with a supervisor. He gave me a $25 credit and guaranteed the tech would be there that day. Tech did show up and discovered the first installer had not tightened it down enough. Didn't even use all the nuts and bolts required.
Back in Feb. I was promised a $10 a month credit for 5 months. I have yet to receive it. Today I checked my bill online. Not only had the credit not been applied again, but I was now being charged a $7 lease fee. Called and went through the voice prompsts. Finally connected to talk to a human being and was disconnected. Went through it again and finally spoke to a billing rep. Apparently the receiver I have not used and was deactivated 2 years ago is still on their records. So someone caught it and started charging me the lease fee. That was credited (I hope) and again I have been promised the $10 a month credit will show up on the next bill.
I have paperless billing and auto payment. The online bill is never accurate. I am really getting tired of having to call Dish every month to straighten out and figure out my bill. :mad:

First info I asked for! Trust me, I have dealt with them long enough to know. I suggest an email to mailto:Matt.Kliewer@echostar.com. Detail your situation and ask for compensation. Has worked for me in the past. Good luck!
Thanks for the name. I may just send him a note. I was ready to forgive and forget, but never getting my promised credit is ticking me off. :mad: Having to call them every month and waste my time isn't making me very happy either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)