Cincinnati Reds games no longer available on FSN Tennessee / SportSouth

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chudgins63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
In Nashville and other parts of Middle Tennessee, we have been receiving Cincinnati Reds games as part of D* standard packages on channels 644 (-1) and 650 (-1) since 2009. Beginning Monday July 2nd, the guide no longer showed a listing for Reds games on those channels and checking again today there is nothing listed. I checked other RSN Alternate channels and found nothing listed.

An email and 2 phone calls to D* has gotten me nowhere. I'm probably the only one who cares as they're are not many Reds fans in this area but hey, it's been available before and part of my standard package and now they want $12 for Sportspak so I can continue watching the games. I verified that Reds games are still being shown on FSN Tennessee and SportSouth on other providers.

This has to be a simple oversight by D*. Anybody got any suggestions????

Contact the Reds front office directly. They will either be able to get it fixed or they will have somebody that can explain what happened better than any explanation you'll get from D*. Snail mail to the President's office usually works best in my experience.

Checking a zip in Nashville (37208) does shows you need Sports pack to get it

The 37208 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):
FS South HD (Ch. 646) - HD Available
Atlanta Hawks (HD Available)
Braves (HD Available)
Memphis Grizzlies (HD Available)
Nashville Predators (HD Available)

SportSouth HD (Ch. 649) - HD Available
Braves (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:
FS Cincinnati HD (Ch. 661) - HD Available
Reds (HD Available)

Correct and if I wanted to see ALL of the games broadcast by Fox Sports Ohio, I needed to subscribe to Sportspak but beginning 2 years ago, FSN TN and SportSouth began showing a subset of the broadcast schedule. Typically by June 1 all of the games broadcast by FSN Ohio were similcast on FSN TN or SportSouth. Approx 150 games broadcast by FSN Ohio, FSN TN / SportSouth would pick up about 120 of them.

The 37208 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

Braves (HD Available)

Braves (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:
Reds (HD Available)

Correct and if I wanted to see ALL of the games broadcast by Fox Sports Ohio, I needed to subscribe to Sportspak but beginning 2 years ago, FSN TN and SportSouth began showing a subset of the broadcast schedule. Typically by June 1 all of the games broadcast by FSN Ohio were similcast on FSN TN or SportSouth. Approx 150 games broadcast by FSN Ohio, FSN TN / SportSouth would pick up about 120 of them.

Sounds like you were getting a good deal when the Reds gamers were added to FSN TN/SportsSouth in the beginning and now something has chenged, maybe a contract or something like that.

I would suggest contacting FSN TN directly and ask them whats going on ... other option would be to add the Sports pack for the next few months.

Here in NC, Time Warner Cable does not carry FSN Cincinnati so I can't verify other providers carrying the games, but we have it on Directv. Like you, we also need the Sports Pack to get it. Since NESN is a requirement for my daily TV viewing habits, I have the Sports Pack. However, we used to also have select Reds games on Southsouth alternate channels. Time Warner did carry a very few of those Reds games on their version of Sportsouth. I don't see any Reds games upcoming on Sportsouth on my Directv guide or on TWC's online guide.

Sounds like you were getting a good deal when the Reds gamers were added to FSN TN/SportsSouth in the beginning and now something has chenged, maybe a contract or something like that.

I would suggest contacting FSN TN directly and ask them whats going on ... other option would be to add the Sports pack for the next few months.

Still get them on Comcast in the Nashville area(we switched back here to Comcast here) and the Reds game is being shown on Fox Sports South/FSTN(channel 1675 in HD) right now w/ the Braves game on SportSouth(channel 1676 in HD)

Update from Fox Sports

Today I talked with someone at FSN who told me they received a communique from DirecTV earlier this week saying they were no longer mirroring Reds games on FSN TN / SportSouth or on FSN Indiana to save bandwidth and that those customers should turn to FSN Cincinnati (channel 661-1) to view the game. Only problem - FSN Cincinnati is only available to those customers in Cincinnati unless you want to pay the extra 12 bucks a month for Sportspak!

My contact at FSN is checking into this further because by DirecTV no longer making these games available, it diminishes the value of their contract with MLB if the rates were negotiated with the understanding that games would be available in certain areas when in fact they are not. Below is a list of games from a spreadsheet I received today from FSN showing the Reds games that should be available on FSN Tennessee and SportSouth.

Stay tuned sports fans!@

DAYDATEVS/ATOPPONENTTIME (ET)NETWORK
Mon3/5VSCLEVELAND INDIANS3:00 PMFSTN
Thu4/5VSMIAMI MARLINS4:00 PMFSTN
Thu4/12@Washington Nationals1:00 PMFSTN
Wed4/18@St. Louis Cardinals8:00 PMFSTN
Thu4/19@St. Louis Cardinals1:30 PMFSTN
Fri4/20@Chicago Cubs2:00 PMSPSO
Sat5/5@Pittsburgh Pirates7:00 PMSPSO
Mon5/7@Milwaukee Brewers8:00 PMFSTN
Tue5/8@Milwaukee Brewers8:00 PMFSTN
Wed5/9@Milwaukee Brewers1:00 PMFSTN
Wed5/16@New York Mets7:00 PMFSTN
Thu5/17@New York Mets1:00 PMSPSO
Sat5/19@New York Yankees1:00 PMSPSO
Sun5/20@New York Yankees1:00 PMSPSO
Sun5/27VSCOLORADO ROCKIES1:00 PMFSTN
Mon5/28@Pittsburgh Pirates1:30 PMFSTN
Tue5/29@Pittsburgh Pirates7:00 PMFSTN
Wed5/30@Pittsburgh Pirates7:00 PMFSTN
Fri6/1@Houston Astros8:00 PMSPSO
Sun6/3@Houston Astros2:00 PMSPSO
Tue6/5VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Wed6/6VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Thu6/7VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Fri6/8VSDETROIT TIGERS7:00 PMSPSO
Sat6/9VSDETROIT TIGERS4:00 PMSPSO
Tue6/12VSCLEVELAND INDIANS7:00 PMSPSO
Wed6/13VSCLEVELAND INDIANS7:00 PMSPSO
Thu6/14VSCLEVELAND INDIANS12:30 PMFSTN
Fri6/15@New York Mets7:00 PMSPSO
Sun6/17@New York Mets1:00 PMSPSO
Mon6/18@Cleveland Indians7:00 PMFSTN
Tue6/19@Cleveland Indians7:00 PMFSTN
Wed6/20@Cleveland Indians7:00 PMFSTN
Fri6/22VSMINNESOTA TWINS7:00 PMSPSO
Sat6/23VSMINNESOTA TWINS4:00 PMSPSO
Sun6/24VSMINNESOTA TWINS1:00 PMSPSO
Mon6/25VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMSPSO
Tue6/26VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMFSTN
Wed6/27VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS12:30 PMFSTN
Thu6/28@San Francisco Giants10:00 PMFSTN
Fri6/29@San Francisco Giants10:00 PMSPSO
Sat6/30@San Francisco Giants4:00 PMSPSO
Sun7/1@San Francisco Giants4:00 PMSPSO
Mon7/2@Los Angeles Dodgers10:00 PMFSTN
Tue7/3@Los Angeles Dodgers10:00 PMFSTN
Wed7/4@Los Angeles Dodgers9:00 PMFSTN
Thu7/5@San Diego Padres10:00 PMFSTN
Fri7/6@San Diego Padres10:00 PMSPSO
Sat7/7@San Diego Padres10:00 PMFSTN
Sun7/8@San Diego Padres4:00 PMSPSO
Fri7/13VSST. LOUIS CARDINALS7:00 PMSPSO
Mon7/16VSARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS7:00 PMSPSO
Tue7/17VSARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS7:00 PMFSTN
Wed7/18VSARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS7:00 PMFSTN
Fri7/20VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMSPSO
Sat7/21VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMSPSO
Sun7/22VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS1:00 PMSPSO
Mon7/23@Houston Astros8:00 PMFSTN
Tue7/24@Houston Astros8:00 PMFSTN
Wed7/25@Houston Astros8:00 PMSPSO
Fri7/27@Colorado Rockies8:30 PMSPSO
Sat7/28@Colorado Rockies8:00 PMFSTN
Sun7/29@Colorado Rockies3:00 PMSPSO
Mon7/30VSSAN DIEGO PADRES7:00 PMFSTN
Tue7/31VSSAN DIEGO PADRES7:00 PMFSTN
Wed8/1VSSAN DIEGO PADRES7:00 PMFSTN
Fri8/3VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMSPSO
Sat8/4VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMSPSO
Sun8/5VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES1:00 PMSPSO
Mon8/6@Milwaukee Brewers8:00 PMFSTN
Tue8/7@Milwaukee Brewers8:00 PMFSTN
Wed8/8@Milwaukee Brewers2:00 PMFSTN
Thu8/9@Chicago Cubs8:00 PMFSTN
Sat8/11@Chicago Cubs4:00 PMSPSO
Sun8/12@Chicago Cubs2:00 PMSPSO
Tue8/14VSNEW YORK METS7:00 PMFSTN
Wed8/15VSNEW YORK METS7:00 PMFSTN
Thu8/16VSNEW YORK METS7:00 PMFSTN
Fri8/17VSCHICAGO CUBS7:00 PMSPSO
Sat8/18VSCHICAGO CUBS1:00 PMSPSO
Sat8/18VSCHICAGO CUBS7:00 PMSPSO
Sun8/19VSCHICAGO CUBS1:00 PMSPSO
Mon8/20@Philadelphia Phillies7:00 PMFSTN
Tue8/21@Philadelphia Phillies7:00 PMFSTN
Wed8/22@Philadelphia Phillies7:00 PMFSTN
Thu8/23@Philadelphia Phillies7:00 PMFSTN
Fri8/24VSST. LOUIS CARDINALS7:00 PMSPSO
Sun8/26VSST. LOUIS CARDINALS1:00 PMSPSO
Mon8/27@Arizona Diamondbacks9:30 PMFSTN
Tue8/28@Arizona Diamondbacks9:30 PMFSTN
Fri8/31@Houston Astros8:00 PMSPSO
Sat9/1@Houston Astros7:00 PMSPSO
Sun9/2@Houston Astros2:00 PMSPSO
Mon9/3VSPHILADELPHIA PHILLIES1:00 PMFSTN
Tue9/4VSPHILADELPHIA PHILLIES7:00 PMFSTN
Fri9/7VSHOUSTON ASTROS7:00 PMSPSO
Sun9/9VSHOUSTON ASTROS1:00 PMSPSO
Mon9/10VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Tue9/11VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Wed9/12VSPITTSBURGH PIRATES7:00 PMFSTN
Fri9/14@Miami Marlins7:00 PMSPSO
Sun9/16@Miami Marlins1:00 PMSPSO
Tue9/18@Chicago Cubs8:00 PMFSTN
Thu9/20@Chicago Cubs2:00 PMSPSO
Fri9/21VSLOS ANGELES DODGERS7:00 PMSPSO
Tue9/25VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMFSTN
Wed9/26VSMILWAUKEE BREWERS7:00 PMFSTN
Fri9/28@Pittsburgh Pirates7:00 PMSPSO
Sun9/30@Pittsburgh Pirates1:30 PMSPSO
Mon10/1@St. Louis Cardinals8:00 PMFSTN
Tue10/2@St. Louis Cardinals8:00 PMFSTN
Wed10/3@St. Louis Cardinals8:00 PMSPSO

Braves (HD Available)

Braves (HD Available)

Reds (HD Available)
From which website did you get this?. The one I use has info several years old

Here's my understanding...If team claims a zip code as being located within their territory, the local RSN broadcasting that game should be available to all subscribers in that zip code.
For example, Here in the Charlotte, NC area the Braves, Nationals, Orioles and Reds all claim my zip as being in their territory. My local RSN's are..FoxSports South, Sports South and MASN.
However, when the Reds appear on Fox Cincy or Fox Ohio, the games are available to me....That's on Dish.
For those viewers who do not have access to out of town RSN's, Fox Sports Tennessee( South) would provide the feed for the Reds games.
Perhaps that has changed. Who knows. I have the Sports Pack, so I don't worry about it.

I registered on this board just to chime in about this situation. I'm an Ohio native who moved down to the Nashville area five years ago. I have enjoyed being able to watch the Reds almost every night on Fox Sports South or Sports Tennessee. I seriously can't believe that we are being blacked out from any possible way to watch the game. The Fox Sports channels all just say "to be announced" (even when Comcast is showing the game) and I can't buy the MLB package because we're somehow still in a blackout zone. This is ridiculous and it may just cause me to switch TV providers. I think it's wrong that they can just change our channels that we are paying for whenever they want!! So now I literally have NO WAY to watch the Reds down here. None.

Also, I have one of the choice packages and apparently I can't even add the sports pack for $12 unless I upgrade my package. Unreal.

welcome :wave
Also, I have one of the choice packages and apparently I can't even add the sports pack for $12 unless I upgrade my package. Unreal.

As long as you have Choice or greater you can add sports pack. Rumor is with entertainment package you can too

welcome :wave

As long as you have Choice or greater you can add sports pack. Rumor is with entertainment package you can too

I tried to last night and it told me that the package that I have was discontinued (I think it may have been a promotional package) and that I would have to upgrade.

I'll look into it more though.

What package do you have?

I have Choice Xtra Classic which is a discontinued product yet I can add the sports pack to it

The same thing has happened for those of us in Indiana. Fox Sports Indiana no longer seems to exist. When you call Directv, they act as if it never existed. This is the same channel that the Indiana Pacers games are shown on - so don't know if those will be affected as well.

What to do?

You will get the games IF you add the sports pack. You will get ALL of the games, not just a couple like on cable. This is how it works here:

Time Warner Cable: "Select" Reds games are shown on Sportsouth. Since they only carry one feed of SpSo, it rarely fits into the schedule. The way cable patches RSNs together to create 1 channel where directv has 2 or 3 baffles me.

Directv:
MASN/MASN2, ch 640/641: ALL Nats/Orioles games (MASN is not carried on cable)
FSTN, ch. 644: ALL Predators games (blacked out here)
FSCAR, ch. 645: ALL Hurricanes games
FSSouth (main), ch 646: many Braves games
FSSo+, ch 647: ALL Bobcats games since SpSp is not available in all of NC
FSSo2, ch 648: Braves games that are shown on local Atlanta channels
SpSo, ch 649 (main): ALL Hawks games (blacked out here) and the rest of the Braves.
SpSo alt1, ch 650: ALL Bobcats games
SpSo alt2, ch. 651: ALL Grizzlies games (blacked out here, repeats are not)
FSCin, ch. 661: ALL Reds games.

With Cable, ch 644 to 648 are merged into ONE channel (called FS Carolinas, ch 1508 on TWC) and 649 to 651 and 661 are merged into one channel (called Sportsouth, ch 1510 on TWC). Many games, especially Reds, are missed.
Get Directv. When I call to downgrade a package (which I never actually intend to do), they will try to keep you. They gave me (and a few friends) the Sportspack for $7 for 3 months, and will continue to do so if you call back. I cancelled Showtime a few weeks ago, and they OFFERED me the Sportspack for $7. And Starz for free! There's hope!

As I look on the RSN website it shows for Nashville the following channels
FS South
Atlanta Hawks
Braves
Memphis Grizzlies
Nashville Predators

SportsSouth

Atlanta Hawks
Braves

FSN Cincy
Reds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)