Cinema 10 Content

Kevin Butts

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Sean, I know that you have already locked the thread regarding this issue, but I must say something.

As a Pastor, I understand the argument over the morality issue of this programming.

I have to say that the Church as a whole has been just as guilty as others as forcing the "Christian Agenda" upon the masses and to expect them to accept what we believe. This is wrong. Christians are supposed to live their lives in a befitting manner that should serve as Godly examples, but sadly this is not the case. Many in the "Church" live a life of hypocrisy, yet try to police the world trying to tell others how to live.

I looked at the passionate arguments made in the previous thread regarding the programming content of Cinema 10 and it saddens me. The time and energy spent arguing this issue could have been channelled into more constructive avenues.

I am not a judgemental person. As christians, we are not to be judgemental; that is not our job. That is God's job. We cannot force people to change. Again, that is His job. There is a passage in His word that says a house that is divided against itself cannot stand; clearly there is division where this issue is concerned. Life is too short to argue over a such a petty issue in my opinion.

Arguing over content on tv while people are dying, homeless, hungry, abused, lonely and neglected, yet the best we can do is argue over programming?!

What will it matter in 20-30 years what content is being displayed on TV?
Human nature simply stated is that people will do only what they want to do.
We have all been given the right to make decisions. Either we make a decision to do something or not to do something..

I say to all of you, television at best, is a tool that we use to inform us, educate us, and entertain us; We have the power using the remote to tailor that content to suit our own preferences.

Use it.

WB-HD: The Object of My Affection 8pm EST

pick your own channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)